1. How to Influence & Get What You Need Kristin Gaarder VP Human Resources
2. PRODUCTION Job Open 9 Months SCENE Perfect Candidate Identified PLOT Compensation too HighOUTCOME 1: OUTCOME 2: OUTCOME 3:Save Relationship Hire the Candidate Use the Facts
3. PRODUCTION Ideal Candidate from Search SCENE Business Team says “YES!” PLOT HR says “What?”OUTCOME 1: OUTCOME 2: OUTCOME 3:Receive Feedback Build Relationship Manage Flow/Cost
4. PRODUCTION Open Job SCENE Interview Room PLOT Business wants 7 interviewersOUTCOME 1: OUTCOME 2: OUTCOME 3:POV – Why? Find Decision Maker Decision Tools
5. PRODUCTION HR is a Cost Center SCENE Meeting with Leader/Finance PLOT Want/Need to Add CostOUTCOME 1: OUTCOME 2: OUTCOME 3:Facts Find Decision Maker Get to Yes!
6. Influencing for the Nomination & Win• What do you want from the experience? – Outcome – Relationship• Review your actions – Contract for service? – Understand the internal workings? – Communicate regularly – Facts, not the story• Explore others’ viewpoint• Action & Follow Up
7. Archway Successes• Paper to Electronic in 1.5 years – ATS Implementation – Kiosks in major facilities – Social media implemented – New website• Add to Staff
8. Archway Company Overview Strategic Services Offered Receiving Print Management Warehousing Variable PODFulfillment Printing Web to Print Picking & Packing Kitting & Assembly Lettershop Shipping Call Center Performance Reporting AccountCustomer Management Analysis & Analytics Reporting Support Retail Compliance Technology Inventory Management Order Management Vendor Management systems Procurement