LEVEL 11. The children in that class ______ nine years old.• has• are• have2. How ___________ to work?• you go• go you• do you go3. Do you like watching TV? Yes, I ___• like• like watching• do4. ____________ to dinner tonight?• Does he come• Will he come• Is he coming5. I like __________ to music.• listen• to listening• listening6. He can see something _________ in the sky! Why dont we have a look?• flying• fly• to fly7. _______________ to come to dinner with us? (invitation)• Do you like• Would you like• Like you8. What film ______ we see? (asking for a suggestion)• want
• will• shall9. Do you want _________ to dinner tomorrow?• come• to come• coming10. Hes got _______ interesting stories.• any• some• a lot11. I think the first painting was __________ than the other one.• better• gooder• goodder12. I went to the butchers _____ buy some bread.• for to• in order• to13. This book is ______.• him• hes• his14. We have our English lesson _____ Fridays.• in• at• on15. Lets meet ___ four oclock this afternoon.• on• at• in16. My car was more expensive _____ his.• as• so
• than17. When _____________ to her?• you talked• talked you• did you talk18. She _____ she wanted to come.• told• said• meant19. We _____ a wonderful dinner yesterday evening.• have had• haved• had20. I _______________ TV when the telephone rang.• watched• was watching• have watched21. ___________________ your homework yet?• Have you finished• Did you finish• Did you finished22. Im hungry! Just a moment, I ____________ you a sandwich.• ll make• m making• make23. I enjoy his books because he writes so ______.• good• better• well24. It ________ rain tomorrow.• isnt going to• not• wont
25. What _______________? He is quite tall and handsome.• does he look• does he look like• does he seem26. She asked him _____ her.• help• helping• to help27. We ________ leave by seven oclock every evening.• have to• must• must to28. If you want to be healthy, you ________ smoke.• have not to• must not to• shouldnt29. Hes ________________ politics.• boring by• interested by• bored by30. What will you do if he _______ come?• wont• isnt going to• doesnt31. Would you mind __________ me a hand?• giving• give• to give32. I tried my best but I __________ do the exercise.• cant to• couldnt• am not able33. I missed the train, so I ________ take the one after.
• musted• must to• had to34. I ____________ sine we were children.• know• have known• did know35. Hes _______ eaten.• yet• still• already36. Theyve been to France, __________ ?• arent they• have they• havent they•LEVEL 21. I __________________ TV when the telephone rang.• watched• was watching• are watching2. Im afraid Im not hungry. Ive _______ eaten lunch.• yet• still• already3. My mother let me __________ late when I was a child.• stay out• to stay out• staying out4. Would you like _____ chicken?• any• one• some
5. He has _____ friends in Chicago.• few of• much• few6. She _______ lunch by the time we arrived.• finished• is finished• had finished7. What shall we do tonight? How about _______ a film?• to see• seeing• see8. ______ you ever _____ Hollywood?• Did you ever go• Have you ever gone• Are you ever gone9. Have you finished your homework _____?• already• yet• still10. Jack is really _________ history, especially Japanese history.• interesting in• interested on• interested in11. These images ___________________ by an artist named Phil Thomsen.• were photographed• photographed• photographs12. If I ______ you, I would wait a while to begin investing.• was• are• were13. Hell give you a call as soon as he ________.
• will arrive• is going to arrive• arrives14. He found his watch _______ his papers on his desk.• among• between• in15. Would you mind ___________ me a hand this morning?• give• giving• to give16. I think San Francisco is _____ exciting _____ New York.• as .... as• as .... than• than ... as17. If she ________ he was coming, she would have prepared the guest room.• knew• had known• have known18. She ______ me she wanted to come.• said• says• told19. What _________________ do at work?• must you• have you to• do you have to20. I wonder if ________________________ yet.• has the letter arrived• the letter has arrived• has arrived the letter21. Do you really want to __________ that meeting until tomorrow?• put off
• put until• put on22. Im hungry! Just a moment, I ______ you a sandwich.• ll make• m going to make• m making23. _________________, we wont have much to talk about.• If not he comes• Unless he comes• Since he comes24. Oh, look at those clouds! It ___________ rain• will rain• is• s going to25. How is he? - Frank, oh hes _______.• fine• quite handsome• interesting26. Jack told her that he __________________ the next day.• is coming• is going to come• was going to come27. He will meet you ______________ the station at seven oclock.• front of• next• in front of28. If you want to be healthy, you _________ smoke.• must not to• dont have to• shouldnt29. Hes ______________politics.• boring by• interested by
• bored by30. Where was Jack yesterday? - I dont know. He __________ seeing the doctor.• might have been• might was• would have been31. Yes, that is the woman ______ horse almost trampled her!• that• who• whose32. Would you like me to ___________ the children next week?• look into• look at• look after33. I missed the train., so I _________ take the one after.• musted• had to• must34. Why are your hands so dirty? - Well, I _________________ in the garden for thelast two hours.• have been working• worked• have worked35. Fiestas _______________ in Cologne, Germany for many years now.• have been made• have been making• are made36. _______________ I didnt really want to eat all the cookies, I just couldnt helpmyself.• Let me to explain!• Let me explain!• I explain!LEVEL 3
1. If she _________ about his financial situation, she would have helped him out.• had known• knew• would have known2. Ill be _______________ their cat while they are away on holiday.• looking into• looking at• looking after3. He made his children _____ their homework every afternoon.• to do• doing• do4. The test was _____ difficult she had problems finishing it on time.• such• so• as5. By the time she arrives, we _________________ our homework.• finish• will finish• will have finished6. She _________ lunch by the time we arrived.• finished• had finished• was finished7. The sun ______ at 9 last night.• sat• setted• set8. When I stopped __________ to Mary, she was picking some flowers in her garden.• speaking• to speak• speak9. Despite ___________ hard, he failed the exam.
• he studied• studied• studying10. That room ____________ for a meeting this afternoon.• is used• is being used• uses11. We _______ play tennis every day when we were young.• used• would to• would12. If I __________ you, I would get a better job.• was• are• were13. Hell give you a call as soon as he _______.• arrives• will arrive• is going to arrive14. I really didnt want to come last night. ______________• So did I.• Neither I did.• Neither did I.15. Do you think he knows what ________?• he wants• does he want• wants he16. I think San Francisco is ______ exciting _____ New York.• as ... than• as .... so• as ... as17. Why are your hands so dirty? - Well, I ______________ in the garden.• have worked
• have been working• worked18. Did you remember __________ the door?• locking• lock• to lock19. ____________ 250 k.p.h.?• Which model does go• Which does model go• Which model goes20. That is the man ________ grandfather founded Kentucky Root Beer.• who• whose• that21. I could hardly ___________ the ship in the distance.• see out• make through• make out22. Look at those clouds! It ___________ rain.• s going to• will• shall23. _________________, we wont have much to talk about.• If not he comes• Unless he comes• Since he comes24. He has _____ interest in continuing the project.• any• not any• no25. Where do you think Jane was yesterday? - She __________ at home.• must be• must have been
• must go26. Jack told me he ___________ come the next day.• is going to• will• was going to27. He drove the car __________ the garage and left for work.• out of• out• into28. Jack ______________ a fortune when his great uncle passed on.• came along• came into• came through29. Unfortunately, Peter has ______ friends in Tacoma.• a few• a lot• few30. I will finish that project soon. - Ken said he ________ finish that project soon.• were• would• will31. In his position _____ managing director, he is responsible for more than 300employees.• like• as• so32. She wished she __________ the new car.• bought• would buy• had bought33. Fiestas ____________ in Cologne, Germany for many years now.• have been made• have been making
• have made34. I think you ___________ see a doctor.• should better to• ought• had better35. Youll be leaving for Tokyo soon, _______?• arent you• will you• wont you36. ______ the last market session the Dow Jones dropped 67 points.• During• While• For