1. Introduction to Kalypso www.kalypso.com March 11, 2009
2. The Kalypso Difference www.kalypso.com Kalypso is a consulting firm focused exclusively on innovation. Our people are leading business professionals who combine experience in select industries with product and process innovation expertise.
3. Process Improvement Organizational Effectiveness Information Technology Kalypso Capabilities Our services are designed to help companies become more innovative and provide a systemic view of new product & service development Governance & Compliance Intellectual Property Management Learning Programs and Culture Integrating these disciplines across business functions and solution elements is our area of specialization
4. Our Values Leaders behind the leaders Power of creativity and innovation Passion for personal development Commitment to business partners Professionalism, integrity, and quality Characters with character www.kalypso.com We are a diverse group of professionals with a common set of core values that shape our culture and set us apart.
5. The Kalypso Team 06/08/09 Mike Friedman – CPG Partner Mike has broad experience in innovation management, sales, brand management, supply chain management, customer service and logistics. Prior to joining Kalypso, Mike enjoyed 29 years in a variety of assignments around the world with Procter & Gamble, a premier Fortune 30 CPG company. As the P&G Initiative Success COE Leader he led the organization transformation effort to improve innovation capability to deliver 4-6% annual sales growth. He has ME & BS Chem Eng degrees from RPI and an MBA from Farleigh Dickinson. His clients include Mars, Smuckers, J&J, and E&J Gallo. George Young – Founding Partner George has over 20 years professional experience (industry and consulting) in product development strategy, process and technology areas. He held R&D, plant and business management roles with BFGoodrich. He was a partner with Deloitte Consulting where he helped establish and lead the Product Lifecycle Management practice. George leads Kalypso’s CPG industry practice. George holds a PhD in Organic Chemistry from The Ohio State University and an MBA from Rice University. He is the author of 4 US Patents and was named 1994 Ohio Inventor of the Year.
6. The Kalypso Team 06/08/09 Helayne Angelus– Kalypso Principal Helayne has 33 years of extensive global general management leadership experience including VP CBD leading P&G’s Kmart, Sears, Super Valu and Military businesses representing $3 Billion in sales. Her broad selling experience focuses on top-to-top strategic relations. leading diverse global, multifunctional teams, and organization design and development. Helayne has been a founding Board member of the Network of Executive Women and just completed serving two years as President. Her passion is developing diverse teams to deliver breakthrough both business and personal goals. Chip Perry – Senior Manager Chip brings over 25 years of professional experience to our clients. He has led major business process transformation projects, including PLM implementations, enterprise-wide IT strategic planning, software vendor selections, as well as new product development introductions. He leads client engagements in the CPG and Manufacturing industries. Chip held senior marketing, brand management, sales and strategic IT roles at Pillsbury and J&J. Chip then served as Vice-President of Business Development for Enginuity, a leading formula management software provider to CPG clients. Chip’s clients include P&G, Church & Dwight, CHD, AkzoNobel, and Mars.
7. The Kalypso Team 06/08/09 Scott Gamble – Senior Manager Scott brings 20 years of professional experience and breadth of expertise in business strategy, product innovation, product/brand management and sales to Kalypso's clients. His experience in CPG includes brand leadership roles on Kellogg’s breakfast cereals, Pillsbury refrigerated bake goods, Häagen-Dazs ice cream, Red Baron frozen pizza, and Fantastik household cleaner. Scott has extensive experience in building brands while delivering sales and profit objectives. Scott’s teams have launched more than 15 new product delivering $500 million in sales. Scott has a passion for winning with new products and working with cross functional partners to deliver Innovation leadership. Ann Hoeger – CPG Senior Consultant Ann brings 15 years of professional experience and a breadth of expertise in business strategy, product innovation and product/brand management to Kalypso's clients. Her experience in CPG includes leadership roles on national brands including Procter & Gamble’s Personal Health Care brands (Prilosec, Metamucil, and ThermaCare) and Beauty Care brands (Clairol, Tampax Pearl, and hair care including Pantene), SC Johnson’s Glade brand, and Alberto Culver’s TRESemme. During her time on TRESemme she drove the styling brand from #3 to #1 with a 30.4% increase in revenue. In addition she sat on the billion dollar task force putting strategies in place to drive the brand globally from $400MM to $1 billion in 3-4 years. She is passionate about innovation and NPD as it leverages her strong marketing and technical background.
8. Where We Are www.kalypso.com We are wherever you need us to be. Our North American offices are located near core industry clients in large metropolitan areas. Kalypso serves clients all over the world. North America Europe Asia Kalypso Locations Kalypso Affiliates San Jose Austin Raleigh Boston Cleveland Amsterdam Seoul Shanghai Manila New York Chicago Minneapolis Dallas Houston Milan London San Diego Cincinnati Atlanta Los Angeles
9. Industries We Serve www.kalypso.com Technology Consumer Business Manufacturing Energy Life Sciences Service Industry
10. Proprietary Tools and Methods 06/08/09 www.kalypso.com We have developed over 40 proprietary tools and methods enabling us to accelerate work on a project and increase the probability of success. The tools used most often include: Innovation Engine Diagnostic Capabilities Benchmarking Assessment Rapid Results Business-Driven Implementation Method Innovation Engine Results Business Case Development Tool PMO Framework Guide for Creating a Project Management Office Innovation Climate Assessment Organizational Behavior and Design Assessment PLM Capabilities Framework Comprehensive PLM Analytical Tool Phase Gate Optimization Pre-Defined Phase Gate Implementation Method Innovation Roadmap Market, Product & Technology Roadmapping Plan R&D Management Framework Key Dimensions for R&D Excellence
11. Software Relationships 06/08/09 www.kalypso.com We have extensive knowledge of and implementation experience with the leading PLM and product innovation software providers. Our goal is to provide objective guidance and hands-on implementation expertise. Formerly Niku
12. 5 Strategies for Innovating Through a Downturn in CPG <ul><li>Value Management </li></ul><ul><li>Improve profit margin with optimal, dynamic pricing management and business complexity reduction. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>Portfolio Management </li></ul><ul><li>Efficiently grow the value of your new product project portfolio through strategic portfolio management. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>PLM Strategy and Implementation </li></ul><ul><li>Improve innovation efficiency, lower cost of rework and redundancy, and assure compliance. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>Collaborative Customer Innovation </li></ul><ul><li>Drive share growth through collaborative innovation with strategic customers. </li></ul><ul><li> </li></ul><ul><li>Innovation Engine Diagnostic </li></ul><ul><li>Improve your organization’s innovation investment ROI through a comprehensive innovation analysis. </li></ul>06/08/09 www.kalypso.com
13. Summary Messages www.kalypso.com <ul><li>Exclusively focused on innovation, product development, commercialization, and lifecycle management </li></ul><ul><li>Integrating a comprehensive set of business and technology capabilities to deliver sustainable results </li></ul><ul><li>Deep expertise in select industries backed by experience and extensive investments in research </li></ul><ul><li>Nimble, flexible, and responsive to your needs. Working beside and behind you every step along the way </li></ul><ul><li>Your trusted partner for tough challenges. Committed to you and the success of your organization </li></ul>