Will Screen Protection Be
Necessary for iPhone 6?
Why This Year Could Be Groundbreaking
• Apple plans to release the iPhone 6 in 2014
• All the rumors point to a vastly improved version of
the iPhone, which could change the market.
• The screen is the subject of the most speculation
for iPhone 6.
iPhone 6 Screen Size
• Most rumors indicate the screen will increase to 4.7 inches.
• Phablet size may be released, with a 5.7-inch screen.
• There may also be a mini size, just under 4 inches.
Bezels or No?
• Recent leaks
suggested that the
iPhone 6 will be
• Quantum Dots help with
coloration and bleed.
• Apple is improving the
technology to include in
• Sapphire is tougher
than Gorilla Glass
• Almost as tough as
• iPhone 6 could have a
If Sapphire Does Happen…
• If sapphire screens are part of iPhone 6, that
could change the screen protection world.
• Screen protectors wouldn’t be very necessary.
• Could be necessary for anti-glare or antifingerprint properties.
Protection Should Still Be an Option
• Screen protectors may be less necessary, but
iPhone 6 cases could still be a possibility
• For personalization and grip.
• Phone protection market will have to adjust.
• Release could happen
as early as June or July
• September has been
the release month for
last two iPhone 5
• Pricing may go up
slightly to adjust to
It All Depends on iPhone 6
• Rumors are rumors
• We can’t be sure how much things will change until
the iPhone 6 is released.
• iPhone 6 cases and screen protection will
probably still be around.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.