6th Generation – 2012
• The iPhone 5 was long awaited,
but it failed to please crowds the
way Apple expected it to.
• Upgrades involved increasing the
screen size and the processor’s
• The lightning connector became
the new power connection.
7th Generation – 2013
• Apple released two iPhone
varieties this year: the
iPhone 5S and the iPhone
• While the 5C was a
budget version of the
iPhone 5, made of plastic
rather than glass and
metal, the 5S introduced
some new features:
– Faster processor
– Touch ID fingerprint
– Updated camera
World Market with
almost 80% of the
8th Generation – 2014?
• Another screen increase seems
likely for the iPhone 6, and it
may be redubbed something like
• Some likely features:
Tougher screen made of sapphire
Could Apple Come Back?
• Some market analysts think that Apple will regain
the majority of the market share by 2017, but it’s
almost impossible to predict.
• It depends on Apple’s ability to put together
another iPhone that will break some new ground,
which we have seen them do in the past.