New Models:OVS-ES – Open Value Subscription agreement for Education SolutionsEES - Enrolment for Education SolutionsBig change here is that it’s per FTE rather desktop, Schools will receive massive savings (50% +) OVS-ES 5-999 FTE (barrier to entry removed, whereas School Agreement required much higher entry requirement).EES is for 1000+ FT.E’s.FTE’S – 200 HOURS OR MORE PER YEAR. ANYONE WHO USES A COMPUTER WILL NEED TO BE COVERED. IF A DINNERLADY WORKS THOSE HOURS BUT DOESN’T USE A COMPUTER THEN THEY DON’T NEED TO BE COVERED. (EXLUDE NON-PC USERS SUCH AS MAINTENANCE STAFF ETC…)
Move learning forward with Microsoft Enrolment for Education Solutions (EES) No matter where you are on the path to 21st century learning, Enrolment for Education Solutions can make the next step easier and more affordable. Microsoft products integrate seamlessly with each other as well as our cloud solutions so you can introduce new capabilities quickly and easily and choose whether you want to host them yourself or let Microsoft take the risk and responsibility for you. In additional to offering affordable licensing, we complement our offerings with valuable free tools including Microsoft® Live@edu and The Learning Suite that provide compelling platform for education and extend the value of your Microsoft investment. Even better, our licensing actually gets more affordable as you deploy more solutions, helping you to innovate and advance education in your institution.
1. Be the schoolof tomorrow,today.with Microsoft® Enrolmentfor Education solutions
2. Two ways to buy Education licensing… Subscription Perpetual • Campus Agreement – HE/FE • Select Licenses for Academic • School Agreement • Student Select NEW for 2011: • SelectPlus for Academic Enrolment for Education • Student SelectPlus Solutions (EES) • Open License for Academic
3. So what’s different?School Agreement:• Per Desktop• Estate wide products• Software Assurance benefits included as standard• 50 points minimumEES:• Per FTE (full time employee)• Greater flexibility with additional products• Software Assurance benefits included as standard• 5 FTE’s minimum
4. Scenario 1 – School on Select to EESMontgomery High School, Blackpool 600 Desktops on Select 170 FTE’s on EES £162,000 £7,990 per year
5. Scenario 2 – upgrading to Office 2010An “Average” Primary School 100 Desktops on Select 30 FTE’s on EES 100 licenses at £33 each 30 staff at £18 each £3300 £540 per year
6. Scenario 3 – Aggregated Purchase Harris Federation of Academies, London6000 Desktops over 9 Sites 1000 FTE’s on EES 75% SAVING (PER YEAR) ADD MORE AS SCHOOLS JOIN
7. What can I get with EES? Education Desktop EES makes licensing easy • Simply count full time Windows® 7 Enterprise employees once a year. Includes Windows Live Essentials – instant • Your school computers and labs messaging, blogging, are automatically covered for photos, Web mail and movie-making tools. the products you license. • Manage and track your Microsoft® Office Professional Plus licences, add products and Includes Word, Excel®, obtain product keys online. PowerPoint®, Outlook®, • Electronic software distribution OneNote® , Publisher, Access®, InfoPath®, eliminates the need to manage SharePoint® Workspace, physical media. Communicator and Web • Be confident that your school is Apps compliant. CHOOSE: Core CAL Suite OR Enterprise CAL Suite
8. Core and Enterprise Client Access LicencesDifferent levels of functionality Core CAL Suite Enterprise CAL Suite File and print, Active Directory + Information Protection Virtualise your servers and desktops Web access to mail + Unified Messaging Messaging with conversation Advanced protection and compliance view Calendar Sharing Web portals and communities + Electronic Forms Content and People Search Excel Services Content Management Business Intelligence ToolsMicrosoft® Assess, deploy and update + Centralised monitoring, reportingSystem Cente servers, and clients across and management to proactively physical, virtual, and mobile identify hardware and software issues. environments.Microsoft® Lync™ Instant Messaging, PresenceServer 200 File transfer and chat rooms Web and audio conferencing Call management Desktop and application sharing Client security and server protection Secure remote access to applications and resources in your school.
9. Things to remember: Microsoft have a new licensing model EES makes it easy to: Upgrade to the latest versions Plan your budgets Ensure you stay compliant & legal Talk to your Microsoft reseller for details