2.  Laura-BS in Psychology at Armstrong. I hope to become an elementary school teacher. Wakeelah-BA in Mass Communications,Public Relations concentration (SSU), Master of Public Administration (SSU). I hope to become an elementary school teacher, and also a public school administrator. Mike – BAs in Psychology (Belmont Abbey) and Theatre (AASU). Hope to teach drama, eventually college level
3.  What is it? - http://www.uncp.edu/home/acurtis/NewMed ia/DigitalStorytelling/DigitalStorytellingExam ples.html (answers question and provides examples) movie_art_01.htm (Example from Univ. of Houston site)
4.  Joe Lambert and the late Dana Atchley, Co- Founders of Center for Digital Storytelling (CDS), a non-profit arts organization. CDS has provided training for those interested in digital storytelling since the early 1990’s.
5.  Today’s tools for digital storytelling ◦ Scanners ◦ Digital Cameras ◦ High Quality Digital Audio Capture Devises ◦ Computer Software
6. Teachers: Introduce technological skills Teach/assess learning contentStudents: Can create products using technology Share their work
7. Students: Creating a digital story involves students using a wide variety of skills Digital storytelling allows students to use their creativity. Multimodal (visual, oral, and written) aspect of digital storytelling can benefit remedial readers, ELLs, and struggling readers.
8. Teachers: Capitalize on student interest of the digital world Can use cross-curricular learning objectives and standards
9.  7 Elements of Digital Storytelling Point of view Dramatic question Emotional content The gift of your voice The power of the soundtrack Economy Pacing
10.  Many websites available with links to useful tools http://courseweb.lis.illinois.edu/~jevogel2/lis 506/howto.html http://electronicportfolios.com/digistory/tool s.html http://www.whiteboardblog.co.uk/2011/06/1 0-tools-for-digital-storytelling-in-class/
11.  Thoughts on Digital Storytelling/Has anyone used it and wants to share?
12.  Storybird.com Make your own Halloween story