Norwegian telecommunication Company
It introduced telegraph in the years of 1850, the
telephone around 1880 and wireless telegraphy.
In 1994, Norwegian Telecom was established as a
changed its name to Telenor in 1995.
Listed in Stock Exchange in Dec 2000.
Now operating in 12 markets around the world
“TELENOR IN PAKISTAN”
Telenor acquired the license for providing GSM
services in Pakistan in April 2004.
Launched its services commercially in Islamabad,
Rawalpindi and Karachi on March 15, 2005.
On March 23, 2005 Telenor started its services in
Lahore, Faisalabad and Hyderabad.
Fastest growing cellular network of Pakistan.
“TELENOR IN PAKISTAN con’t”
Telenor Pakistan is 100% owned by Telenor Group
and adds on to its operations in Asia together with
Thailand, Malaysia and Bangladesh.
The market share of Telenor is quite near to that of
The total number of subscribers according to the 1st
quarter of 2008 is 16.7 million which stood at 3rd in
Checklist of Basic Franchise Agreement Terms
Franchise agreements vary from franchise to
franchise. It would be impossible to identify
every term and issue that should be
considered in every situation.
In any event, while you can use the checklist
to understand and review a franchise
agreement, you shouldn’t sign it until you’ve
discussed your options with your attorney.
Issues Relating to the Franchise Cost
• What does the initial franchise fee purchase?
• Does it include an ``opening'' inventory of products and
• What are the payment terms: amount, time of payment, lump
sum or installment, financing arrangements, etc.?
• Does the franchisor offer any financing, or offer help in finding
• Is any part or all of the initial fee refundable?
• Must premises be purchased or rented, and are there further
conditions on either of these (from franchisor, selected site,
• Are accounting/bookkeeping services included or available?
• Does the franchisee have to make a down payment for
construction and/or equipment?
Issues Relating to the Franchise Location Terms,
Equipment and Supplies Terms
• Does the franchise apply to a specific geographical area? If so, are
the boundaries clearly defined?
• Who has the right to select the site?
• Will other franchisees be permitted to compete in the same area,
now or later?
• Is the territory an exclusive one, and is it permanent?
• Will the franchisee have the right to use his own property and/or
• When the franchisee must buy from the franchisor, Or will they be
financed and, if so, under what terms?
• Does the franchise agreement bind the franchisee to a minimum
Issues Pertaining to Termination and Renewal
• Is any weight given to good will or franchisee equity in the
• Does the franchisor have an option or duty to buy any or all of
the franchisee's equipment, furnishings, inventory, or other
assets in the event the franchise is terminated for good cause,
by either party?
• Does the franchisor have absolute privilege of terminating the
franchise agreement if certain conditions have not been met,
either during the term or at the end?
• Can the franchisee sell the franchised business and assign the
franchise agreement to the buyer?
Jon Fredrik Baksaas is the CEO of Telenor.
He joined Norwegian Telecom what is now Telenor in
1989 and was appointed CEO in April 2002 after
serving as deputy CEO since 2001.
Tore Johnsen is CEO Telenor Pakistan .
Candidate must be a graduate from a recognized institute
Financially he should be a sound body ( the very most
important) so to make considerable investment in
developing a franchise.
Preferred that applicant hold previous experience in
distribution business or alike.
Engaged with other mobile operator franchise or telenor
are not eligible .
Should not be convicted by court in any kind of illegal
activity such as fraud, forgery etc.
First the candidate should submit a form with a non refundable
DD(demand draft) of Rs. 10,000 to the “Telenor Pakistan”. The owner can
be an individual, partners or Pvt/Public company. In case of company they
should specify the name of the directors. They must specify a one person
who is an active partner whom Telenor can deal with.
After submitting form the candidate will be called for interview. In the
region of Punjab most often arranged in PC Hotel, LAHORE.
Criteria in the Interview:
His way of speaking (how to deal with other people)
Bank Statement (Financial Background very important to promote the
telenor strategies in an affective way).
In case the Telenor company is not satisfied it will not
select anyone. They will again issue the application forms
and take an another interview. The previous candidates
can also submit the form but less priority is given to
If passed then Telenor Pakistan will sign a contract
The signing amount varies place to place. In Urban areas
its 7 to 8 million in prime location it can also exceed. In
Rural areas its 3 to 5 million.
The security will be included in this amount.
With this amount the Telenor will construct the building
on the location selected by franchisee. In this building
electronics items will be from the Telenor.
Approximately 2 to 3 million will be commenced on the
In the amount given first stock will be given from it.
For future money should be given in advance.
After that all steps franchise can start dealing.
Cancellation of agreement
Telenor Pakistan can cancel its agreement with the
Franchisee in the following conditions:
Not meeting the minimum Targets set by Telenor
consistently and the repute of company is affected.
Dispute b/w the partners or companies directors. If not
Engaged in illegal activities or financial background not
more meeting the requirement.
Pakistan Mobile Market Share Q1 2008 - Data From PTA(Pakistan
Pakistan Mobile Market Share Q3 2008 - Data From PTA(Pakistan
ATTOCK PETROLIUM LTD PAKISTAN
APL is the 4th largest oil marketing company of pakistan.
The company start its operation in Feb 1998.
Jointly sponsored by the Pharon Investment Group Limited Holding (PIGL) and
Attock Oil Group of Companies (AOC).
LICENSING PROCESS FOR THE FRANCHISE:
No Objection Certificate (NOC)
License for Explosive
Grant of License
Human Resource Requirements
Duties of the Labor
Land and Building Requirement
1. To open franchise, Company see location, customer trends etc..
2. Registration/ Securtity fee: 17 to 18 Lac (2 lac non refundable)
3. Profit 25% on all sale and 75% goes to company
4. Online Audit and sale system. Connected to company network.
5. Stock and inventory provided by Company
6. Violate if you use any other brand in your franchise
7. Franchisee want to increase his profit to 50 %