The Neuroscience of Wisdom - The Development and Application of Wisdom in a Business Context
- 333 views
In this February 5, 2013 webcast we explore the leadership development link between age and wisdom. In an era when an increasing number of executives assume top leadership roles at a younger age, is ...
In this February 5, 2013 webcast we explore the leadership development link between age and wisdom. In an era when an increasing number of executives assume top leadership roles at a younger age, is this an area of business risk or business opportunity? And is "wisdom" itself even a term that has cachet in a C-suite or HiPo context, or is it the elephant in the room as seasoned leaders prepare for retirement?
In this discussion, Dr Ethan Kross from the University of Michigan and Merryck CEO David Reimer review the latest research on wisdom and its implications for talent professionals. Key discussion points included:
- What does "wisdom" mean in a business and complex problem-solving context?
- What does the latest research tell us about wisdom and the brain as it ages?
- Does wisdom produce meaningful differences in approaches to problem-solving?
- Can a person's wisdom be developed earlier (younger) in their career?
- What specific strategies have been lab-tested, and how are large companies deploying similar efforts?
This webcast is part of our ongoing 2013 exploration of effective experience and knowledge transfer at the tops of organizations as a result of generational turnover.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views