Merriman Historical Research Lorna Moloney
Collection Care Management Strategy Training Workshops
Every museum, from the small county historical society run by volunteers to
the major metropolitan fine arts museum with a multimillion dollar endowment
has one thing in common: a collection that needs constant
care...Responsibility for updating those skills, for properly caring for a
collection, falls to everyone associated with a museum.
To provide basic conservation training for staff, volunteers and students
involved in all facets of museum collections & Heritage.
• Creation of general conservation assessment survey
• Knowledge of correct cleaning techniques of exhibits, exhibition spaces
and storage areas
• Understanding of correct handling techniques in relation to materials
• Development of packing skills for exhibit transportation in relation to
inter-house loans, sale or purchase, and art exhibitions.
• Knowledge of Best practice in relation to conservation techniques
• Development of baseline surveys for Heritage projects
• Knowledge of environmental conditions
• Health and safety issues
• Knowledge of built heritage environs
• Promotion of initiatives developed to culturally include all cohorts of the
community for the future preservation of heritage artefacts and their