2. FoodThey eat fish that they hunt, berries that they pick, corn, and maple syrup from trees on the land, beans, and squash.
3. HuntingThey used Spear fishing to catch food in rivers and lakes. They caught most of their meat this way. The woman were not allowed to use a spear because it was the males job.
4. ClothingThe Iroquois Indians wore many types of animal skin like deerskin and other hand made items that fit them yearound. The men wore breech clothes with long leggings and the woman wore wraparound skirts with no leggings and moccasins
5. HomesThey lived in longhouses, in these homes you would live with everyone in your family and would share many belongings. This is the longhouse in the winter
6. Where do they live?The Iroquois Indians lived in the northeast area or where New York Ontario Pennsylvania and Ohio are today.
7. Tribe Flag
9. Quiz!!!What hunting traditions did the Iroquois have?A) SlingshotB) Bow and ArrowC) SpearD) Knife
10. Answer:C) SpearThe Iroquois used spears to fish in rivers and lakes. (Obviously not oceans!)