• PPT’s are
– used for an overview
– A helpful tool for
– Creative but
– For each slide to be
read in less than a
• They are not
– Used the same as a
and full paper format
– Supposed to use too
– To be hard to read
• To add a new slide:
– Go to the insert tab, and click new slide
• To view as a slide show:
– Down at the bottom of the page, there are
5 little pictures, select the one that looks
like a screen.
– Or go to the “View” tab and select “View
• To change slide format:
– 1. Use the formatting palette (toolbars)
• This includes changing colors, text boxes,
borders, animation, etc.
– 2. In the format tab, select slide design,
layout, color scheme or background.
– To change background color, right click on
the background and select format
• To add pictures:
– To add clip art/pictures/etc, choose the
– If using clip art, choose ‘Picture’ then ‘Clip
– If using a saved image from your computer,
choose ‘Picture” then ‘From File.’
• After inserting a picture, you can:
– Change the brightness/ contrast
– Change the coloring
– Change the background (sometimes)
– Crop the picture
• This is all done in the Picture Tools tab, in the
Format section. (The picture must be
selected in order for this tab to show.)
• By right-clicking on the picture, there are
other formatting options.
– Choose crop
– Drag the edges to where you want to cut
• Change color:
– Choose the “recolor” button. You can
change to many different colors.
– Also in recolor is “Set Transparent Color”
which can take the white background out of
• Picture Effects:
– You can add blurry edges and change the
look of pictures in this button.
– You can put a picture behind text or in front
– Do this by selecting the Bring to front/back/
etc button in the format tab.
• To insert sounds or movies:
– Choose the ‘Insert’ tab again and choose
sounds from gallery. This will give you
sounds already loaded on the computer.
– For movies, follow same instructions and
choose ‘Movie’ instead.
• Animations are how the slides and
information on the slides become
– Example, slides can move in from the
– Information can zoom in separately instead
of all together.
• To add an animation to the slide:
– Go to Slide Transitions in the Slide Show tab.
– Choose which one you would like and preview.
• To add animation to text on a slide:
– Go to Slide Show tab and choose Custom/Preset
– Choose what you would like and preview.