2. I’ve decided that I want to analyse simplistic posters as I want my poster to be simple but effective.
3. Only the main actor’s name is on the poster and it is right at the top to draw peoples eye to it and get them interested in the film. The number 6 is The black background and edited to look like eerie font points out to flames adding to the audience that this is a the horror feel of poster for a horror movie. this poster. The silhouette insideThis strap line is effective is of a boybecause it raises questions suggesting theabout the film. It is placed main character isright at the bottom centre a little boy.of the poster so it is the lastthing the audience reads. The billing box is placeAlso a different font has below the title and isbeen used to the reset of a different colour tothe posters text to make it the rest of the text.stand out.
4. Simplistic image is used that raises questions about the film. Only one review quote is used and it The main is longer than usual actors names ones. have been placed underThe title is a different the title.colour to the rest of thetext used in the posterto make it stand out. This tells the audience quite specifically when the film is coming out, it says “In theatres this Christmas”
5. The photograph is very welledited to make it appear moody They have onlyin the background they have displayed Danieledited in a ghoulish face. The Radcliffe’s namemain characters face is the main The strap line is very effective as he is a very well because it is a question and itaspect of the poster and only know actor and persuades audiences to see thehalf of his face is used but the people will want movie to answer the question.eye that is showing engages eye to see the moviecontact with audiences. because he is in it. The fonts used in this poster are all the same and they are the same colour only the title is edited more than the other pieces of text. White is used to contrast against the foggy grey background This poster is very specific about the release date so that audiences remember exactly when its coming out.
6. Unconventional photo, not of main The strap line is a character. direct question to the audience. No mentions ofdirector, producer or actors. No billing boxDark colour scheme is used. And apart from the the same font contrasting red for all the textwhich will make the throughout audience think of the poster. blood.
7. Main character isshown with direct eyecontact. “Classic Novel” indicates as a novel this was already a popular story so theThe photograph has audience will want to see itbeen edited very well more. The authors name isinside the man they bold so they want people tohave merged in recognise the name as he isanother image of probably a well knownwhat is probably the author.setting which is veryeffective so theaudience can knowmore about themovie. Actors names are placed above the title.Clear pale colourscheme, with block Billing box is very palecolours for title that and discreet it alsoalso follow the colour mentions thescheme but in a bolder producers otherway. famous films.