Women buy flowers but especiallyw/the current economy, this is relegated as now for special occasions vs. standard procedure
A warning – I’m going out on the edge here with some of this content which might appear sexist or a little risqué but it’s coming from a place of trying to solve a business problem.
I got this picture from Flickr – what do you think the story behind it is?This picture serves two purposes:We automatically assume he’s giving the flowers because, face it, the majority of women like receiving flowersWe think he’s in trouble (because he has flowers) – flowers are sometimes reserved for when you’re in troubleit is actually a picture of a guy who received a dozen roses for Valentine’s Day – hence the forced smile on his face. Majority of heterosexual men don’t get pumped about receiving flowers. Women do. So we’re going after the GUY as our target consumer.
Men think flowers are just for special occasions – like the day he proposes to his girlfriend, or on Valentine’s, or when he needs to make a special impression on her.
Men forget which days are important to send flowers. (Women do too, but remember - our target here is men)
When romance dies, a lack of intimacy can ensue. http://en.fotolia.com/id/12755189For single guys, there’s tips on how to solve the “intimacy” problem with manuals for hooking up like Maxim etc.But for committed guys, how do you increase the intimacy? Increase the ROMANCE. With – you guessed it – FLOWERS!
Tips for a lasting romance (daily/weekly SMS subscription optional)Flower meanings - so you can sound really, really smart when you send a bouquet of Zinnias if someone close passes away (don’t know what Zinnias are? No problem; we do)Links to: “I forgot our anniversary until the day of” / “I forgot our anniversary until the day after” / “I remembered our anniversary so I want the flowers delivered promptly the morning of”SMS reminders for important events – yes, like your mom’s birthday – and yes, the day your wife went into labor with your first child (important to her, not necessarily to you. Get it?)Personalize-able calendar to synch with your mobile cal - reminders“When you accidentally imply she’s fat – send chocolates instead”Forgot to get a card? We have the perfect one – keep your signature on file & we’ll sign for you.Answers to “Why are you so thoughtful?” (because you’ll need them once we’ve helped you out)
1. Flowers on the Go<br />Melissa Bird-Vogel<br />
8. “The Real Man’s Guide to Lasting Romance”<br /> By Creating a Mobile App for men in committed relationships, we can solve the consumers’ problems – <br />And in turn, help solve our company problem of selling more flowers & floral delivery services.<br />
9. Application Contents<br />Tips for a lasting romance (& option for SMS subscription)<br />Flower meanings<br />Links to the message you’re trying to get across<br />SMS reminders forimportant dates<br />Personalize-able calendar to synch with your mobile calendar<br />“When you accidentally imply she’s fat – send chocolates instead”<br />Forgot to get a card? We have those too.<br />Answers to difficult questions – like “why are you so thoughtful?”<br />
10. Mobile Staple: Mobile Site<br />“A mobile site because you’re on the go”<br />So are we: Flowers to Go<br />WAP and M dot versions for device optimization<br />Click-to-call<br />MMS photo previews to customers of the perfect bouquet for the occasion & budget<br />Easy navigation & big buttons to choose by price or occasion<br />Credit Card OR PayPal OR Google Checkout for mobile-commerce comfort (save info with login available too)<br />Promotion of Mobile App (Android; BlackBerry; iPhone/iPod touch)<br />
11. Mobile Staple: Advertising<br />Mobile Advertising – because WOM isn’t enough<br />Paid search on Bing & Google - work with representatives to find out optimized mobile search<br />Geo-targeted to keep cost down (detect based on GPS of phone OR phone numbers)<br />Cross-promotion on main online site (for downloadable app + mobile site)<br />In-store promotion at our floral stores and local chocolate companies<br />Get PR via sending flowers and explanation to local bloggers and PR agencies <br />
12. Mobile Ecosystem: Site<br />
13. Mobile Ecosystem: Application<br />
14. Questions?<br />Read more when paper is published to blog.<br />Contact me: email@example.com @missybirdbird on Twitter<br />