answers to study guide
Review : Mountains and Volcanoes
- A cloud of super- hot gases and rock fragments that races downhill from an erupting volcano
- An opening in the Earth’s crust through which molten rock, rock fragments and hot gasses erupt
- An area of land that rises steeply from the land around it
- A type of hot spring that shoots water into the air
Deep sea vent
- Hot springs that form at spreading centers
- Landslides that occur when loose rocks and soil are mixed with water
- Similar to a hot spring, instead of water a fumarole releases steam and other gases
What are the three types of volcanoes
What are the two types of mountains?
What are the immediate effects of a volcanic eruption?
What are the three types of volcanic rock fragments?
How do folded mountain form?
- Two continental plates push together
Which type of boundary are folded mountains most likely to occur?
Why do scientist monitor volcanoes?
- To warn people before they erupt
What are the main gases in volcanic eruptions?
What is the greatest danger to people living near a shield volcano?
Why are there no active volcanoes in the Himalayas
- They are not near a seduction zone