2. Panelists- Claudia Deschamps – Deschamps Communications- Melissa Salas Blair – Puentes Research & Communications- Jonathan Barrera – Latino Branding Power- Olga Romero – Southwest Airlines Moderator- Monica Vila – The Online Mom
3. Issues- Demographics- Spanish vs Multicultural Hispanics- Diversity and bicultural issues- Brands and Budgets- Peek at the future: MySpace and Young, English-Speaking Hispanics
5. • Demographics: How they are changing?• We all know demographics are changing. But how do brands and organizations account for them?• What do the new trends mean?• How do I engage Hispanic communities?• Does country of origin have an impact?There are always more questions than answers it seems but that’s why going beyond just simple segmenting of demographics is vitally important. • More ANSWERS!
6. • More ANSWERS!
7. • Totaling more than 50 million in numbers, Hispanics account for 17% of the total US population – up from 10 million (5%) in 1970.• Overall, Hispanics wield well over $1 trillion in buying power.• Hispanics will account for over 25% of the overall US food market by 2015.• The Hispanic retail food market more than doubled between 2005 and 2010.
8. Online Young Hispanics• 2012 Census – 63% of the 50 M born in the US• Preference for English – 73% surf the Web in English• Tech savvy – very social and early adopting• Younger, more educated, more affluent• Ad budgets growing to reach them
9. MySpace- Reaches more Hispanics than Univision.com -- 3.7 million visitors vs 2.6 million- Facebook 70% of the Hispanic Market- MySpace 14%- Twitter 16%- Pinterest 11%