• share knowledge!
• promote your organisation !
• position yourself as an expert!
• it helps SEO!
• helps create two-way conversation!
• sharpens your organisational focus!
• can give insight to audience via
Great business blog examples!
What these blogs have in common!
• clear and easy to understand posts!
• tagging to create categories of post!
• regular posts!
• multiple bloggers!
• good use of images !
• responding to comments/questions!
• online - immediate access to readers!
• very interactive via comments and engagement!
• no deadlines (unless self-imposed)!
• length can vary!
• casual in tone!
• share stories!
• continuous conversation!
How does a blog differ from other
forms of writing?!
• be interesting - grab the readers’
• needs to remain consistent with
organisations key messages!
• rules to follow - language, tone etc!
• more likely to have a deﬁned audience!
• Listen, participate, engage!
what do I blog about????!
A series of posts
on one topic
Top 10 lists
Updates of past
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.