DSpace & Google FusionStart with: a collection in DSpace1. Export the metadata2. Enhance the metadata3. Import the csv to Google Fusion4. Click on Visualize5. Set preferences6. Get embeddable link7. Add embeddable link to DSpace collectionRepeat 5-7 as needed.
1. Export the MetadataThe metadata from the export might be a little...messy. Inthis case, the metadata was added to the collection usingtwo separate methods, and so the columns arent quite linedup.
2. Enhance the MetadataSo, we fix it before we try to upload it anywhere.
3. Import the .csv to Google FusionTwo options:1. Go to http://www.google. com/fusiontables/Home/2. Go to drive.google.com, and click on Create > Other > Fusion Table
3. Import the .csv to Google Fusion Oops! Whatever program you use to enhance the data may use its own separator by default - looks like we need to indicate that a semi-colon is our data delimiter. So, click on Back and try again, with ";" designated
7. Add embeddable link to DSpacePaste the link in one ofthe HTML fields.Click on Save Updates atthe bottom of the page.
7. Add embeddable link to DSpace You may notice, something went very wrong. Heres why: the embeddable link only contains information as attributes, theres nothing between the tags. So, click the back button and type some text in between the two iframe tags. I usually put "This browser does not support frames." just before the </iframe> tag, but you could write "KISS rules" if you wanted. Also make sure that all the ampersands show as & and not &
7. Add embeddable link to DSpaceSo, we have ourmap and our infowindows, but weprobably dontwant to display itlike this to ourusers. So, letsfix it. Head backinto GoogleFusion Tables,and click on"Configure InfoWindow"
DSpace & ViewshareStart with: a collection in DSpace1. Export the metadata2. Enhance the metadata3. Import the csv to Viewshare4. Edit the data5. Create a View6. Get embeddable link7. Add embeddable link to DSpace collectionRepeat 5-7 as needed.