1. ICT Focus Group Report
By the ICT Focus Team
Andrea, Anna, Cherie and
2. Where We Were…
• Every full-time teacher had a
• We had two digital cameras.
• We had five Mac laptops with
• We had one video camera.
• We had one data projector.
3. Where We Were…
In 2008 we acquired…
• Eight HP desktop computers (distributed
from Rooms 8 -16). Later that year we got
eight more. (both through successful
• 5 Canon Powershot Digital Cameras
(grant) and lunchboxes to keep all the
• Flash drives for every classroom.
• Energiser battery chargers.
• Software as per ICT contract.
• PD 2008 Comic life, Kid Pix, Digital
Cameras and Typography.
These were our future directions:
Ideal Classroom Resources
• Computers available for students (1:8)
• Laptops (pod) available to all classroom (1:2)
• Interactive whiteboards with a fixed data projector
in all classrooms
• 1 Digital camera for each classroom (teacher use)
• Digital cameras suitable for children to use as a
class set (1:2)
Currently at 1:9
Interactive Whiteboards are in
Rooms 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Currently share 1:1.5 camera between
classes. Students and teachers both use
them. There is also a pod of 6 cameras that
is available to book.
5. Where We Were…
In 2009 we acquired:
• Six new Canon digital cameras.
• Three Promethean Interactive Whiteboards (Grant)
• More flash drives for classrooms.
• Three staff attended North Island School tour.
• PD on Inquiry Model, wikis, movie making, IWB training,
Inquiry observations, Google and Web2.0 tools, blogs,
inquiry audit, techie sessions (in house), cluster sharing.
• Practicum release was 1 CRT day per term (3 days)
• ICT lead teachers released to work with Megan (etime)
• All staff attended a local tour.
We created a Thinking Tool Folder to support staff.
6. Where we’re at now
Purchases this year:
• Four yellow “Easyspeak” microphones
• Four Promethean Interactive Whiteboards
• Six hands-free microphones for
• Parts for a mobile computer pod trolley
(C.O.W. – Computers on Wheels).
• Six USB flashdrives.
• 3 canon digital powershot cameras
• 8 Acer desktop PCs (Grant)
7. Professional Development
• All full-time teaching staff attended a local
tour of Schools.
• GATE programme.
• Etime practicum: digital Maths, digital
Literacy, Kidpix, Digital art, IWB training.
• IWB training in house.
• 1 CRT day used each term this year.
• All teaching staff use Google Calendar to
book ICT equipment.
8. ICT development and
9. ICT use at Spreydon
11. Laptop pod…
12. Future Direction
• Equip all classrooms with Promethean
Cost? $50,000 (leased to own)
Actual Budget $7,500 per annum.
• More desktop computers available in
• More laptops for the C.O.W.
• More digital cameras (1+ per classroom).
• Train a team of “Techie Kids”
• ICT leaders released from classroom to
repair/configure equipment and support
staff in use of equipment.