Finding the best Medicare Supplement (MediGap) Insurance policy in today’s marketplace can be confusing. But there is someone to help you out i.e.
KNOW MORE ABOUT MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT INSURANCE
Medicare supplement insurance is not offered or serviced by the government; it is an individual health insurance policy that is sold and serviced by private insurance companies.
HOW MEDICARESUPPLEMENT-INSURANCE.COM CAN HELP YOU?
Medicaresupplement-insurance.com has a wide network of licensed agents will present to you with the Medicare supplement insurance company that offers the lowest rates in your local area. Contact today for assistance.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MEDIGAP INSURANCE POLICIES AND PLANS
Medicare is made up of two parts, Part A and Part B. Medicare Part A covers basic services like inpatient hospital stay, skilled nursing, home healthcare, and Hospice.
Medicare Part A, you are still responsible for skilled nursing communities if you are there more than 100 days per illness, your deductible for hospital stay, and coinsurance payments as well as coinsurance payments for skilled nursing facilities.
Medicare Part B only covers 80% of the approved rate for all services in Part B. This amount can be different depending on the services that are approved. Doctors can charge more than what part B of Medicare will reimburse you for and you will then have to pay the difference.
MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN
Medicare Advantage plans are private health care plans that provide all the coverage of Medicare and include many more benefits. Most Medicare Advantage plans offer low copayments and cover services that are not covered by Medicare.
Some Medicare Advantage plans may include Part D prescription drug coverage. These plans are referred to as Medicare Advantage with Prescription Drug coverage.
MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLANS 2011
Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
Medicare Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO)
Private Fee-for-Service Plans
Medicare Special Needs Plans
DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEDICARE
1. Part A. Hospital Insurance : Helps pay for inpatient hospital care, nursing home facility, hospice, and some home care. To see full list of coverage's available under Medicare part A click here.
2. Part B. Medical Insurance : Helps pay for medical some services and products not covered in Part A, like doctors’ services, outpatient care, and some medical equipment and other preventive services. To see full list of coverage's available under Medicare part B click here.
3. Part C. Medicare Advantage Plans : Gives Medicare beneficiaries the option to receive their Medicare benefits through a private health insurance plans, instead of through the original Medicare plans (Parts A and B). To see full list of coverage's available under Medicare part C click here.
4. Part D. Prescription Drug Coverage : Is a drug insurance plan run by an insurance company approved by Medicare. There are two ways to get Medicare prescription drug coverage — Medicare Prescription Drug Plans and Medicare Advantage Plans. learn more. To see full list of coverage's available under Medicare part D click here .
ORGANIZATION OF MEDICARE
Medicare programs are directed by the Health Care Financing Administration in Baltimore, Maryland. It sets the standards which hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and hospices must comply with in order to be certified as qualified providers of Medicare services. The Social Security Administration processes Medicare applications and claims.
MEDICARE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
If you have been a resident of the United States for at least 5 years and 65 years of age or older, you are most likely eligible for Medicare. Also, people with disabilities under 65 years old may also be eligible if they receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. You may also become eligible if you have special medical conditions.
1) You are 65 years or older and have been a United States citizen for 5 continuous years and you or your spouses have paid Medicare taxes for at least 10 years.
2) You are under 65 years old, disabled, and been receiving either Social Security benefits or Railroad Retirement disability benefits. You must have received one of these benefits for at least 2 years from the date of first disability payment (entitlement) before you become eligible to enroll in Medicare.
3) You are also eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance and have amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease)
For people who are 65 and older must pay a monthly premium to remain in Medicare if you or your spouse have not paid Medicare taxes for 10 years.
HOW TO ENROLL IN MEDICARE ONLINE?
You can go online and find out if you qualify for Medicare at Medicare.gov , here is a basic overview to see if you qualify, if you:
Are at least 64 years and 8 months old
Want to sign up for Medicare and do not currently have any Medicare coverage
Live in the United States or one of the its commonwealths or territories and
Do not want to start receiving social security benefits at the same time.
ENROLLMENT FOR INDIVIDUAL MEDICARE PARTS.
Part A – You are automatically enrolled on your 65th birthday. For more information on eligibility click here .
Part B – If you get Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board Benefits (RRB) you are automatically enrolled the first day of the month you turn 65. If you aren’t automatically enrolled, you can enroll as early as three months before your 65th birthday. If you get disability benefits from Social Security, you’ll automatically get Part B. For more information on eligibility click here .
Part C – Contact the specific plans you’re interested or click here and we can refer to you an agent in our network that specializes in Medicare Advantage in your area. For more information on eligibility click here .
Part D – Once you choose a Medicare drug plan, you can join by completing a paper application, calling the plan, enrolling on the plan’s Web site, or through the MPDPF LINK. You can also enroll by calling 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048. Visit the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Finder for a list of Medicare drug plans in your area. For more information on eligibility click here .
MEDICARE PROVIDER INFORMATION AND SERVICES
220 Newport Center Dr Ste 11-202 Newport Beach, CA 92660 1-877-9-Medi-Gap 1-877-963-3427 [email_address]