Quantitative - sales (obviously), new leads, new qualifiedsubscribers and Qualitative -satisfaction, loyalty, authority, interaction, feedback
The friends and followers of your event visitors are also the target audience of your brand whom you would like to reach, you should use your on-site audience to generate buzz and amplify the effect of your event into the digital space. Thus generating potential future sales for your brand, products or event tickets by turning attendees into brand advocates and letting those who are not there know that they are missing out on something great.
Top down, one way events
organized by a company.
Visitors come, sit, listen and
comment. Event has a static
Results get ineffectively
Bottom Up, two way events.
Participants contribute to
themselves through out the
Results are effectively
STRUCTURE METHOD CONTENT
Top Down-One Way Passive-Static Inefficiently Shared
Bottom UP-two Way Participative-Dynamic Efficiently Shared
• Extended Attendee Reach
• Predictive Modeling for Event
• Instantaneous Digital Promotion
• Advanced Tracking & Analysis
• Meaningful Participation &
Why Digital integration?
The very first step is
belief and knowledge.
of this phase is to get
in the company
the importance and
value of social
setting up the right
workshops & training
modules and notable
case studies should
be part of this stage.
2. Pilot Mode
Setting up an
Workflow and an
can offer project
based support at this
Adapting the overall
questions on digital
and new technologies
in the recruitment
interview and check
the influence level
and network of the
hard & software
Increase our social
3. Integration Mode
During this phase, we
bring the entire
organization closer to
We create benefits for
Clients are more
Setting up a content
4. Leverage Mode
The last phase is
In the return on
investment in all the
projects due to the
social media -
additional reach and
saving on media
spend budgets for
Pre Event – Drive participation & Awareness
• Channel: Social Media & Industry specific
associations & websites
• Create web banner & promote event on the
banner for participation
• Create a web link for participation entry
• Create surveys & poll to engage target
audience and drive them to the participation
• Channel: Search engine
• Paid: Position the aforementioned weblink for
participation to searches on Google, rediff and
• Press Release: Create content for online press
• Earned: Create content around the agenda on
blogs, slide share and YouTube to appear in
searches conducted by the relevant audience.
Post Event – Content Distribution, Advertisement &
Channel : Search engine
▪ Create event success content and post it to blogs,
slide share, video share and drive it viral to further
reach out to more audience searching for relevant
▪ Distribute event experience to online press release
to enable content appearing on relevant searches.
Channels: Social Media, Industry specific associations
▪ Create content around the event participants,
interview them, record their experiences and views
and broadcast it through channels mentioned above
drive it to go viral and reach more target audience
▪ Create a web banner explaining about the service
and drive audience to service registration lead form
on the web. (Lead generation)
▪ Email blasts to member database across industry
associations with service promotion and links to event
• Number of people who filled in the “get more info” form
• Number of influential people who tweet something about the activity
• Number of influential blogs that linked to the campaign
• Number of repeating, unique visitors
• Number of people who used a specific coupon that is associated with the
• Number of minutes a day we are nice/delighted to customers
• Number of features suggested by users that we actually implement
• Number of people in a specific location / demographic who follow us on
• Number of new things we discovered about customers that we never
And a lot more……………………………………………………………………………………
Sale is not the only Success metric…
• Customer generated content
• Creates and sustains long term bonds
• Cuts through the noise
• Encourages sharing and word of mouth
• Impact instantly
• People aren’t listening
to/believing/giving a darn about
why content marketing?
• Every individual attending the event must
have friends / colleagues / relative in the
same domain, enabling content keeping
the attendee as the center of information
and sharing though social network would
enable optimum reach
• Stories distributed online keeping user
experience intact can majorly influence
• Social Media:
• LinkedIn, Twitter &
• Content Sharing
• YouTube & Slide Share
• E-Press Release
• Money Control (India)
• SME Times
How can social media and content sharing
• When people are signing up (RSVP) to event, conference or concert, they do this via an
online signup form. We should enrich this sign-up process with a code snippet that links
their Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn profile to a Smart-Badge.
• When the visitors come to your event they will get everything they are used to, including a
badge, but this time it is a Smart-Badge with a NFC chip – it knows exactly to whom it
• Attendees’ first action at your venue usually is to swipe their Smart-Badge at the entrance
(for access control) and the badge will automatically check them in to your venue on their
social media profiles. This will be displayed to all their friends and followers.
• Throughout the venue you can place different interaction points where they can swipe their
cards to get presentations or info-material forwarded to their email address. This interaction
will also be published to their social media channels, attracting others to check out the
provided content and drawing attention to your event.
• There are multiple other possibilities, like taking pictures, creating polls, participating in
lucky draws or liking products and all should be leveraged in real time onto their social
media channels to be seen by thousands of friends online.
The key challenge is how to reach those
people who are not at the event?
• As the pre-launch of the Ford EcoSport in India, the auto
giant took the wraps off the compact SUV at soft launch events
held simultaneously at Delhi's Select Citywalk and Mumbai's
Infinity malls in March. other cities are; Delhi, Mumbai,
Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kochi, Ludhiana, Chennai, Jaipur,
Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Pune and Kolkata-- a part of Ford's
promotional roadshow called EcoSport Urban Discoveries.
• Ford has created a dedicated microsite where people can upload
and describe a unique location in their city they would like to
• The campaign put the EcoSport in the hands of a hundred jury-
selected consumers who can then drive the vehicle around and
share their experience with friends, family and online community.
• Facebook and twitter being used aggressively to spread word
about the campaign. To further fuel engagement, popular radio
jockey Mantra has been roped in and he has been blogging about
his own experience with the car on the brand’s microsite.
Ford EcoSport Urban discoveries
• 'Biblioteca digitala Vodafone', a digital library that is accessible
in a unique space located at the Piata Victoriei subway station
in the capital Bucharest. Literature enthusiasts can download
free versions of favourite books on their mobile phone or tablet
regardless of the mobile network they use.
• At the Vodafone digital library, those interested in the service
should scan the QR code placed on the book they are
interested in and can download a free version of the book in
pdf, epub and audio formats.
• The project is part of Vodafone Romania's new communication
campaign that runs under the slogan "Vodafone brings the
Vodafone Digital Library
• Korea is a country where breakfast dining market is depressed
Dunkin Donuts offers has various morning items, but the sales is
• IDEA Let them have fun & delicious morning, with ultrasound
tagging, a brand-new technology!
• Therefore, they've devised a mobile application It's called Morning
start up Get them new morning items? Get them new morning
habits! Now, morning start-up app starts your morning!
• Result- Morning start-up, allowed in five stores in Seoul, has drawn
excitements from consumers and the sales of Morning items in
these stores have been doubled since its launch which is just ten
days to be precise. Adding to that, it is now expected to be spread
to all stores nationwide. Moreover, many media and SNS users
have showed their enthusiasm on ultra-sound tagging, a brand-new
dunkin morning startup campaign
• Korean people work the longest hours in the world and are
always busy. So they consider 'accessibility' most when they
choose their favorite discount store.
• Created a flying store that flies to customers. The e-mart truck
shaped balloon, equipped with a Wi-Fi router, that can fly to
every corner of Seoul. Customers connected to the Wi-Fi signal
using their mobile phones and downloaded coupons. They
bought products immediately using the mobile app of E-Mart.
• E-Mart sales soared both in on-line and off-line stores to 9.5%.
Mobile sales, especially, increased to 157%. The download
number of the E-Mart app increased more than 50,000 in the
• Agency: Cheil worldwide
Emart Flying Store
Coke Hug Machine
• The Coca-Cola Company and Ogilvy & Mather have created the ‘Cola-Cola Hug Machine’ to bring doses of happiness into the lives of people
anywhere and everywhere. This regional initiative, which is part of “Open Happiness”, The Coca-Cola Company’s global marketing
campaign, started in Singapore.
Coke Small World Machines
• The initiative "Small World Machines" provided a live communications portal between people in India and Pakistan and showed that what
unites us is stronger than what sets us apart. The key to engaging with each other through the machines was simple: people in India and
Pakistan could complete a task, like touching hands, drawing peace, love, and happiness symbols -- together. AGENCY: Leo Burnett Chicago
& Sydney were equipped with full-length webcams that allowed participants to see each other and interact in real time. The high-tech
Small World Machines, built by The SuperGroup, a digital agency in Atlanta.
Coke Happiness Machine
• This past Valentine's day, Coca-Cola installed a very special vending machine inside one of the most crowded shopping malls in Istanbul.
With the huge success and viral nature of this campaign, they continued to to Spread Happiness with "Friendship Machine.“ The marketing
campaign has been a huge success and always gains media coverage. Most recently with the help of agency, C-Section, they've created a
new vending machine that helps spread love!
Pepsi Like Machine
• Pepsi wanted to create a new way of sampling. An easy way to engage with consumers and know who is liking and drinking our product at
the same time. First test was at the 2013Beyonce concert in Antwerp.
The Rules Change daily (sometimes by
the minute) in the social era. Our job is
to stay alert to what happens next to
figure out what assumptions need to be