How to Increase maximum Traffic on your website
1. Optimize your site (SEO) –
2. Get your site listed in directories-Submit your site to all the major
web directories. This will generate traffic directly from the directories
themselves and will also help to improve your link popularity.
3. Get listed in search engines
4. Get links to your site
5. Buy links to your site-Buy text links on other websites. That means
more spiders stopping by, more people clicking through, and better
search engine rankings.
6. Buy banner ads.-Buy banner ads on other websites. It helps to build
7. Participate in a banner exchange program.-It won’t cost you
anything, and will lead to a few extra visitors. Plus, you’re spreading
your brand all over the place.
8. Participate in a WebRing.-Connect your site with other sites in your
9. Pay for clicks to your site.
10. Set up an affiliate marketing program.-With affiliate marketing, you
can either pay per click, pay per lead generated, pay per sale, or pay
per customer acquired.
11. Use smart public relations (PR)-Get news coverage of your business
and your site. Approach online and traditional media. This will often
lead to others placing links pointing to your website, which leads to
more clicks and also to improved search engine rankings.
12. Use E-mail marketing.
13. Use off-line marketing.-Promote your site. Put your url on all your
license plates. Paint it on your car. Buy newspaper and yellow pages
ads with your url. Put up flyers and stickers. Sponsor a little league
team. Do anything and everything to spread the word about your
website around your city.
14. Run regular promotions.
15. Get published.-Write articles for publication on other websites. The
author profile will link to your site. The article will show that you’re an
16. Publish yourself.-Write articles for your own site regularly. This will
help you to win on the search engines and gives your visitors a reason to
come back over and over.
17. Ask for reviews.-Ask for reviews of your self-published articles on
other webmasters’ websites. Ask for reviews of your website, your
products, your software, your services. These will usually include links
to your articles.
18. Write briefs.-Write daily or weekly news briefs focusing in on your
industry or specialty area. This keeps your site “fresh” in the eyes of the
major search engines and helps you to spread a wide net when fishing
for top search engine positions.
19. Create a newsletter.-Ask your visitors to sign up for your
newsletter, and encourage them to send it along to people they know.
Send a newsletter regularly with teasers or lead-ins to your in-depth
new articles or with special offers and the latest products.
20. Post in chat rooms.-Become active in bulletin boards and chat
rooms focusing on your industry Leave inciteful comments and people
1 of 2 10/20/2009 2:28 PM
rooms focusing on your industry. Leave inciteful comments, and people
will click on your profile, then visit your site.
21. Give away free stuff.-Offer something people want at your site.
Give them a reason to come back and get more. Offer free downloads
and update them regularly. Offer coupons or discounts.
22. Give awards for excellent sites in your niche.-This builds more links
back to your site and establishes you as a credible reviewer, an expert
in your space.
23. Run a contest and promote it.-Photo contests, essay contests, goofy
contests, random drawings, anything.
24. Join your local business organizations.-Chambers of Commerce and
other organizations will often add your site to their member directory.
That’s an added advantage over the obvious business-building and
25. Create an RSS feed.-Give people another way to interact with your
26. Be accessible.-Build your site so that it is accessible to all browsers
and to PocketPC and Palm Pilot users. Don’t forget, people with
disabilities buy things too. Make your site Section 508 complaint.
27. Dont Forget Video Submission !
2 of 2 10/20/2009 2:28 PM