‘Tokyo Police Club’
Jake Hafer, Matthew Hackett, Andrew Moss
Tokyo Police Club- Favourite Colour music video research:
Concept of the music video:
Happy, Comical, Colourful, quirky, unique, cheap, entropic, traditional
summer, British, funky. Gives the impression to the audience a well
thought out and choreographed piece of work.
.To promote a unique and newly upcoming band.
.To show the music industry of a new and exiting style of music video.
.To enable a changed opinion for negotiated audiences.
. I believe that by basing our video on a whole rang of modern historic
past memories that may remind others of having a fun time in the
traditional British sunshine, this will give the video a fun, relaxed and
enjoyable video to watch and listen too. I also believe that by aiming our
video at things we enjoy doing, for example having a picnic in the park or
visiting the countryside, this will allow us to have fun and experience
something new whilst the making of our video.
• Wears skinny jeans
• Wears polka dot dresses and vintage clothing
• Dresses on the verge of fashion
• Smokes cigarettes
• Happy outlook on life
• long styled hair/sides of head shaved
• Shops in top shop, river island, Urban Outfitters
• Has a strong interest in music
• Fans of Bombay Bicycle club, mumford and sons
• wears skinny jeans
• wears Fred Perry
• wears a thin jacket in summer
• wears a think army style jacket in winter
• smokes cigarettes
• side swept hair
• sides of head shaved
• Shops at Top man, Urban Outfitters, All Saints and Second
hand, vintage clothing stores
• Has a strong interest in music
• Fans of unique, individualistic music such as Babyshambles,
Foals, Pixies, Stone Roses, Blur, The Strokes, The Smiths,
Elastica, Joy Division, Oasis, The Cribs, The Cure and Primal
I believe that the use of colours, attitudes and
clothing of the actors in our music video have to be
unusual, comedic but with a unique outlook upon
them. This uncommon dress code would be for
example: a morph suit or some other form of
strange outfit. I believe that by including a
continuous and well established main character(s),
this will give our music video a unique appearance,
that will be remembered by a whole variety of
• Bombay Bicycle club: Evening / Morning
• Her Morning Elegance / Oren Lavie
• OK Go - End Love - Official Video
• The White Stripes - "Fell in Love with a Girl"
• Tony vs. Paul
. Get permission
. Plan Locations, cast, props & generalised dates
. Plan Video including shot types, transitions and shot
lengths. This will be proportionate to the purpose of the
. Exact dates of filming will be decided to meet, discussions
with the availability of the cast will take place to organise
. Filming will take place with several cast members over
. Review shots taken and re-shoot if needed
. Editing will take place to produce our final product
.Me and my group will direct, edit and conduct a
modern, unique and different style music video.
. All of our group members (4) will be participating in the
making of the video. We will use a range of lip
syncing techniques, actions and non diegetic sounds
to create a comedic outlook, but at the same time
. We will include around about 8-10 people during the
whole of our music video, depending on location we
are filming, acting as extra’s and props.
In our music video, we have chosen to film
outdoors and in unusual locations. These
locations will help to reflect the
connotations of the music being used i.e.
Happiness, vintage and unique styling. I also
feel that it will be easier to film outdoors
due to space and natural lighting.
Problems with the production of the
• Organising the morph suits, so that they are available when we need them.
• Making sure the camera and other equipment are available on the days that we
• Making sure that we have permission to use the location
• Making sure that the location is easily accessible for the film crew and actors.
• The cost of the morph suits
• Cost of accessing the location (petrol)
Health and Safety
• Using the lighting equipment safely
• Being safe on site of the shoot