View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
SECRETS TO SOCIAL MEDIA ROI David Mink, Co-Founder email@example.com @dmmink
Social Media is BUZZING…But what is it?– A group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of the Web, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content
– "I happen to know that companies like ZAGG generate thousands of dollars through Facebook by posting discounts or information about new products. In the future, don’t be surprised if Facebook allows purchase and checkout directly from its platform." Scott Cowley - ZAGG in-house, SEO Ninja
– "Social media is an opportunity for us to engage with consumers and have a conversation, which is different than paid media, when youre just shouting through a bullhorn." Jeremy Morgan - Senior VP of Marketing– Founded in 2007– From 3 – 150 locations– Coupons etc. via Facebook (67K followers)
What We Always Hear and Read – Join / create a community… – Start blogging… – Create a Facebook page… – Get on Twitter and start tweeting… – You’ve got to interact with your customers online…All true, but we are not going to cover this today
What We Will Cover Today What’s Hot? A No Brainer? SM to Improve Rank in SERP’s
What’s Hot – What is Pinterest? • Pinterest (launched in March 2010) is a virtual pinboard that lets you bookmark to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web • You can create your own pinboards and you can browse other peoples boards as well – Core difference with Pinterest • It says Look at THIS, instead of Look at ME! Pinterest is the Twitter of 2012
– Traffic grew by 429% from 9/11 through 12/11 to roughly 7.2 M in Dec.
– Broke the 10 Million mark in January 2012 becoming the fastest independent site to hit 10 M uniques/month in the U.S.
Percent of Pinterest traffic coming from female usersSource: Experian
Percentage of Pinterest users between 25-44 yrs oldSource: Experian
Percentage of retail referring traffic Pinterest accounted for during January 2012Facebook = 26.4%Twitter = 3.61%Source: Shareaholic
Travel companies and conferences companies use Pinterestto promote locations
NORDSTROM uses Pinterest to highlight their fashion lines
Utah based ZAGG features products, gadgets, other related things
Gifts for Bloggers - Product retailers are making pinboards specific to markets GET CREATIVE!!!
– Technically Speaking… • “Wanted to prove how easy it is to use Pinterest. Taught my son. Now hes pinning his favorite things (video games, books, etc) + things he wants (great for us - we wont have to guess when its his birthday)” – Janet Thaeler @newspapergrl – Her Pinterest board for small businesses: http://pinterest.com/pinterestbiz
Leveraging – Create a company account – Create boards for your products, services, interests – Pin images to your newly created boards – Make sure your pins are shared on your company Facebook and Twitter profiles
No Brainer – Yelp is an online urban city guide that helps people find cool places to eat, shop, drink, relax and play, based on the informed opinions of a vibrant and active community of locals in the know
– This is where I eat donuts! Reviews Breakdown
– Founded in 2004– Approx 66 million monthly uniques in Q4 2011– Yelpers have written over 25 million local reviews– In addition to reviews, you can use Yelp to find events, lists and to talk with other Yelpers– Roughly 35% of users access Yelp via Yelp’s mobile apps
– Business Accounts Get: https://biz.yelp.com/ • Analytics and Stats • You can respond to reviews • Add business photos • Advertising options • Additional features
– Optimize your page/listing • Professional photos • Detailed business info • Correct website URL • Correct phone number • Correct address • Offer coupons/specials • Offer check-in offers
– Policy – Yelp has advised business owners not to offer incentives for reviews
– How to get reviews: • Ask where they found you… mention Yelp • Post a Yelp sticker on your door, window, etc. • Post Yelp reminders on printed materials • Post and link to your Yelp page from your website • Talk to your customers… mention Yelp and what great finds you’ve come across using it
Using Social Media to ImproveRank in SERP’s – Use social media strategically to improve rank in SERP’s to benefit in both social and SEO Breakdown of External Traffic Sources to Content Source: Outbrain
Social Signals – Social signals are social shares (votes) of your website content including: Facebook likes, Tweets, etc. – Social signals now help improve rank in SERP’s on a domain, page, and keyword level
Content Marketing = Rank = ROI – Publish strategic content on your domain to bait social votes, shares, and acquire traffic from social domains – Could include: • Written blog posts (list posts) • Infographics • Video • Images • Controversial thoughts/data