Mobile apps Mobile grow from $6 Internet One billion billion market Usagesmartphones today to surpasses by 2016 $55.7 billion desktop in by 2015 2014 Mobile is HUGE! Source: Forrester (various)
Mobile behaviour is a key indicator of intent to purchase Source: iAcquire / Google
Mobile optimisedUK e-commercesites Source: Google/TNS
• The Opportunity in Mobile is Huge• But brands’ mobile presence is often fragmented, sub-optimal and disjointed• There are lots of reasons for this – Legacy of campaign focussed delivery – Too much focus on tech – Evolving understanding• “Minimum pride” is a set of must-haves that each brand’s mobile presence must deliver• It is also a framework to help brands and their partners develop an effective Enterprise Mobile Strategy
Content strategy which reflects specific needs andWeb sites optimised for all Search plan accounting for opportunities of mobile mobile devices mobile search usage - includes earned & paid media as well as owned Technology architecture A repeatablewhich embeds mobile into implementation / Consistent social integration clients overall IT publishing method for methodology architecture mobile apps & web Mobile integrated into the Consistent data customer journey - e.g. TV A Close path for mobile management plan as gateway to mobile experience
• Who? – Are our audience?• What? – Do we want them to do?• Why? – Would they want to do it?• How? – Do they use mobile now?
• Personal? – How will this be a personal, relevant experience?• Optimised? – What data do we have to optimise this experience? – How is the experience optimised for the device? – How does it account for location?• Discovery? – Search? Push? How do I get to the content?• Social? – What content do I want to share? – How do I share it?
• How? – Do I buy?• Immediate? – Is buying friction-free?• Real-world? – How do we connect mobile experience to real world points of sale?• Optimised? – How are we capturing sales conversion? – How are we testing strategies to improve this?
• Platform? – Native? mWeb? Hybrid?• Data? – What are we capturing? How are we storing & using? – Test & learn strategies?• Eco-system? – What existing technology resources can / should we leverage? – Enterprise standards? – Cloud based services? – Support process
• Enterprise level mobile strategy – Consumer/Communication – Technical• Multi-platform, multi-regional development resources• Culture of agency partnership