2. <ul><li>Mobile advertising is projected to grow exponentially over the next 5 years. </li></ul><ul><li>Mobile media should be integrated into your overall media strategy, but should also be free to generate its own revenues. </li></ul><ul><li>You need solid legal support to avoid the potential liabilities. </li></ul><ul><li>Now is the time to grab and hold mobile mindshare. </li></ul>
3. Deal or No Deal operated a popular premium SMS promotions and continue to make innovative use of mobile technology American Idol uses SMS technology to implement its voting mechanism on an episodic basis and operates and highly successful “Text Your Way to $1,000,000” promotion through AT&T/Cingular. The American Red Cross collected SMS donations to support relief efforts following an earthquake in Haiti in January 2010. Shazam launched a groundbreaking and highly successful interactive mobile promotion during the 2010 Superbowl. Mobile promotions generated $17.5 million in the first quarter of 2007 alone. 178 million SMS votes were cast during the 2009 season. Raised more than $25 million with a velocity of $500,000 an hour at peak. This promotion is still underway.
4. <ul><li>Create your promotion </li></ul><ul><li>Engage MasurLaw to vet the promotional model in each launch market </li></ul><ul><li>Engage reputable mobile service provider(s) to manage implementation </li></ul><ul><li>Keep MasurLaw attorneys involved to ensure proper compliance in each market as the promotion evolves and unexpected situations arise </li></ul>
6. “ Deal or No Deal $10,000 Lucky Case Text-to-Win Promotion” - Provided legal due diligence to One Worldwide, mobile service provider, including Official Rules and state compliance work. “ Body Heat: Hottest Bod In The World Contest” - Advised digital agency DotBox on its nation-wide cross-platform social networking promotion including the drafting of all supporting legal documents. MTV ’s The Jersey Shore - Advised agency representing a fragrance brand on product integrations in the show to drive revenue. “ Red Bull Jersey Barriers Contest” - Advised Freshkills Productions on the implementation of Red Bull’s user-generated content promotion and drafted official rules.
7. <ul><li>MasurLaw is committed to helping grow the mobile advertising, sweepstakes and promotions market. </li></ul><ul><li>As part of this mission, MasurLaw has created an interactive map of applicable law in each of the 50 United States. </li></ul><ul><li>You may view the map at adpromomap.com and join the growing list of companies that support standardization. </li></ul>
8. <ul><li>David Mazur </li></ul><ul><li>Mobile Promotions Practice Head </li></ul><ul><li>[email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>(212) 931-8220 </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.masurlaw.com/ </li></ul>