2. Content list What is Thunderbird? Who created Thunderbird? What is the goal of the software? How to download the software? What are the features? References
3. What is Thunderbird? Definition Pictures
4. Definition Thunderbird Software made to make email easier. Thunderbird is a free email application thats easy to set up and customize. It works like the hotmail but it contain more interesting featuers. For example you can login with two different email
6. Who created Thunderbird? Mozilla Firefox
7. Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox is a free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite and managed by Mozilla Corporation. Thunderbird is one of the project that was done by Mozilla Firefox to enjoy safe, fast and easy email, Mozilla-style. The Thunderbird® email client includes intelligent spam filters, powerful search and customizable views.
8. What is the Goal of the Software? Purpose of the software People who can benefit from it
9. Purpose of the software The purpose of this project was "to develop Internet communications software based on the Thunderbird product, code and brand".
10. People who can benefit from it All people can use thunderbird software to customize their own email. The working people and students who are receiving huge amount of emails daily can really benefit from this software; for instance they can make categories for important emails from a specific person. On December 7, 2004, version 1.0 was released, and received over 500,000 downloads in its first three days of release, and 1,000,000 in 10 days
11. How to download the software? Video List of the steps
12. Video Watch the video for more information about how to download and install the software, and how to use it. Click on the button to watch the video:
13. List of the steps Four easy steps to download thunderbird software:1. Go to the main website of the software http://www.mozilla.org/en/thunderbird/2. Click Download3. Start the process by clicking Run.4. Click Run to launch the Thunderbird setup wizard.5. Double-click on the Thunderbird icon whenever you want! Note: You can use the help in the software to learn how to use it.
14. What are the features? Easier to get started Tabs and search Customize your email experience Secure and protect your email
15. Easier to get started Migration Assistant: help you set up Thunderbird the way you want it Mail Account Setup Wizard: Prior to this feature you had to know your IMAP, SMTP, and SSL/TLS settings One-click Address Book: is a quick and easy way to add people to your address book. Attachment Reminder: looks for the word attachment in the body of your message and reminds you to add an attachment before hitting send. Activity Manager: records all the interactions between Thunderbird and your email provider in one
16. Tabs and Search Search the Web: You can now search the Web without having to leave Thunderbird Quick Filter Toolbar: lets you filter your email faster Search Tools : The search interface in Thunderbird contains filtering and timeline tools to pinpoint the exact email youre looking for. Message Archive: If you think youre going to need an email in the future but want it out of your inbox without deleting it, archive it!
17. Customize your email experience Thunderbird Look & Feel: With Personas, lightweight "skins" allow you to change the look and feel of Thunderbird in an instant Add-ons Manager: Find and install add-ons directly in Thunderbird. Smart Folders: Smart Folders help you manage multiple email accounts by combining special folders like your Inbox, Sent, or Archive folder.
18. Secure and protect your email Cutting Out the Junk:Thunderbirds popular junk mail tools have been updated to stay ahead of spam. Robust Privacy: support for user privacy and remote image protection. Phishing Protection: protects you from email scams which try to trick users into handing over personal and confidential information. Automated Update:checks to see if youre running the latest version, and notifies you when a security update is available
19. References Ltd, J. E. (n.d.). Who uses Thunderbird email client? . Retrieved April 2012, from socaleuro: http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/showthread.php/7914- Who-uses-Thunderbird-email-client Mozilla. (n.d.). About us: Were building A better Internet. Retrieved April 2012, from mozilla: http://www.mozilla.org/en/about/ Mozilla. (n.d.). Built by us, for the Web. Retrieved April 2012, from Mozilla: http://www.mozilla.org/en- US/projects/ Mozilla. (n.d.). Thunderbird Features. Retrieved April 2012, from mozilla: http://www.mozilla.org/en- US/thunderbird/features/