• Mix Vinegar with Water and apply to burn once an hour.
• Why Vinegar? Vinegar has disinfectant traits.
• Place Milk on burn for 15 min.
• Wash with water so the milk doesn’t spoil on your burn.
• Rub honey on the burn.
• Purpose: Kills bacteria and absorbs moisture from skin.
Why? This soothes the burn.
• Wrap the burn, may not be required for first degree
burns. Wraps help prevent infection.
• Change daily until burn has healed.
• Apply gauze and NOT Cotton.
• Reason: It will get stuck on and in the burn. Ouch.
• Step 1 Apply pressure to injury, if bleeding greatly:
• Get immediate help
Determine severity of wound. If:
You can see structures through the torn skin.
Have skin torn from wound that needs to be taken off.
The wound is deep enough to require stitches.
Get Emergency Help
• Determine other injuries, get medical help when needed.
• Ex: If victim knocked out, suffers confusion, or has limited
• Let the wound bleed a little.
• Purpose: It pushes trapped dirt out of deeper parts of the
Wash wound with water.
Clean rim of wound with soap and wash cloth.
If you have something stuck in the wound you may need:
Tweezers and Alcohol