- - In still water mirrow WROTE BY REGINA BRETT, 90 YEARS , DE "THE PLAIN DEALER", CLEVELAND, OHIO: “ To celebrate my old age,once wrote the 45 th lessons life has taught me. Is the most requested column I´ve ever written ». I turned 90 in August, so here is the column againg. - - 45 th LESSONS…
1 . Life is not fair, but still good. 3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. 2. When you in doubt , just take the next small step .
4. Your job will no take yourself so sick. Your friends and parents. Stay with Them 6.You don´t have to win every argument . You must agree to disagree 5. Liquidation of your credit cards each month.
7. Cry with some one .More healing than just mourn 9. Save for retirement, starting with your first paycheck . 8. It´s Ok to get angry with God. He Can take
10 . When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. 12. It´s Ok to let your children see you mourn . 11. Make peace with your past so it does not ruin your present.
13. Do not compare your life with others. You have no idea what their journey is 15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But do not worry, God never blinks 14 If a relation ship has to be secret , you should not be in it .
16 Breathe deeply. This calms the mind 18. If something does not kill you makes you stronger reality 17.Get ride of anything that is not usefull, beautiful or joyful .
19 It is never too late to have a childhood, but the second is up to you and no body else 21. Light the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie face. Do not save for special occasion.. Today is special 20 . When it comes to going after what you love in life, do not take ‘no’ for an answer
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow. 24 . The most important sex organ is the brain . 23. Be eccentric now. Do not wait for old age to wear purple
25. Nobody is in charge of your happiness but you. 27 . Frame every so-called disaster with these words: In five years … Will this matter ?” 26. Always choose life .
28. Forgive everyone everything. 30. Time heals almost everything. Give it time 29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. However good or bad a situation, itl will change. 33. Belive in miracles . 32. Do not take yourself so seriously. No one else does
34. God loves you for what God is not for what you´ve done or left undone . 36. Growing old beats the alternative ---- die young. 35. Do not audit life. Show up and make the most of day
37. Your children get only one childhood 39. Get out side every day . Miracles are waiting everywhere 38. All that truly matters in the end is that you love
40 . If all our problems piled up and saw a lots others, fast grab ours back 42. The best is yet to come. 41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have everything you need
43. No matter how you feel …. Get up, dress up and show 45. Life is not tied with a bow, but still a gift. 44. Give up.