8/05/2009 www.marqui.com Best Practice Webinar: 7 Ways to capture more leads with your website
GoToWebinar controls Click the button with the arrows to minimize your GoToWebinar controls Type your questions for us into the box at the bottom and press Send www.marqui.com 2
Agenda The 7 ways to capture more leads… How Marqui can help (2 mins) Questions (5 mins) 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 3
8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 4 1. Have a clear definition of a web lead.
“If you can not measure it, you can not improve it” The term “lead” is applied interchangeably to mean: A name on a purchased list Analytics goal conversion Somebody who fills in any web form Somebody who downloads a whitepaper or attends a webinar Somebody who passes some BANT questions Somebody who wants to talk to a sales rep 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 5
Simple web lead scorecard 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 6
8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 7 2. Make a good first impression. Q u i c k l y !
2. Make a good first impression What does your website say about you? Ask customers or prospects Benchmark against your competitors Be clear about your site’s objectives Build trust or lead generation engine Choose usability over design Be wary of agencies selling ‘flash’ sites 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 8
8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 10 3. Know what your visitors want.
3. Know what your visitors want If you don’t have website analytics set up – do it today! Set aside an hour a week to look at your site’s web analytics Top questions analytics can answer: What was the visitor looking for? Which page did they arrive at and did they stay? What page did they leave from and is it a logical exit? Where should I place my calls-to-action? Look at site search data as well 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 11
8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 12 4. Give them what they want and keep it fresh.
4. Ideas to make creating content easier Try and stick to one topic / concept per page Lists (like this one) are quick to write and easy to read How-to guides are useful and demonstrate your knowledge Case studies help people vizualize your product solving a problem like theirs Breakup text with headings Remember to use lots of intra-site links and make sure each page has at least 200 words 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 13
4. Write for your audience Be customer centric What was the visitor looking to get from this page? Is it easy to read? http://shop.niace.org.uk/readability.html Problem / solution Use customer centric language http://www.futurenowinc.com/wewe.htm Get ideas from your subject matter experts and combine with good copywriting skills 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 14
Take advantage of the medium Keep your site current and dynamic, it’s not brochureware add a “last updated on xx.xx.xxxx” The pages that get the most visitors should change most frequently Make people accountable for different parts of the site Start a blog and ideally update daily. Weekly at worst. Invite guest experts from your industry 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 15
8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 16 5. Make calls-to-action personal & persuasive
Map calls-to-action to the buying process 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 17 Diagnostic checklist, case studies Best practice guides, analyst reports Feature sheets, online demos ROI calculator, RFP template, objection handlers
Maintain balance with call-to-action questions 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 18
8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 21 6. Be persuasive a little at a time.
6. Micro-persuasion People consume information across multiple channels: RSS feeds / Feedburner Blog Twitter Social bookmarking Encourage subscription with ShareThis and AddThis 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 22 Trust, Credibility, Reliability, Intimacy, Self interest
8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 23 7. Always be testing.
6. Always be testing Test page copy Test images Test keywords Test form design & questions 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 24
Using Google Website Optimizer to test landing pages 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 25
7 Ways to capture more leads with your website Have a clear definition of a web lead Make a good first impression Know what you visitors want Give them what they want and keep it fresh Make calls-to-action personal and persuasive Be persuasive a little at a time Always be testing 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 27
How Marqui can help - customer Funnel 8/5/2009 www.marqui.com 28 Attract Web Content Management Engage Capture Marketing Automation Nurture Campaign Management Lead score Sales-cycle CRM / SFA Revenue