1. SurfingBy: Ashton AllenThis is a short presintation that talks about the history ofsurfing, how to surf, and famous surfers
2. How to surf??You start out learning how to paddle(like if you were swimming freestyle)
3. Standing upIn the sand youwill push yourbody up. Thenturn your legssideways on theboard.
4. Duck DivingThis is whenyou push yourboard down towere you andyour board gounder thewave that youare trying getaway from.
5. Paddle, Push, and StandWhen you are ready for the waves there are 3simple instructions:Paddle out at least 50 yardsOnce you see a good wave push yourself upto the sideways standing positionAfter all of this stand up
6. How to turn??Once you’ve gotten up you need tolearn how to turn.It’s simple just lean back to go leftand lean foward to go right.
7. Your Ready!!!Once you’ve practiced these stepsenough then try going out to thewaves.
8. Who was the first surfer??The first surfersEVER wereEuropeans.
9. Bethany Hamilton
10. Bethany was...born onFebuary 8, 1990in Lihue,Hawaii.She was 13when ithappened.
11. Her StoryIt was on Halloweenmorning of 2003 she wassurfing with her bestfriend and her bestfriend’s dad. She wasjust resting on her boardand a shark came up andbit her arm off. About 1week later local fishermen and family friendscaught the shark that bitoff her arm.
12. During RecoveryShe nevergave up in herpassionNow she is apro. surfer
13. Before and AfterBefore After
14. Alana Blanchard
15. About HerShe was born in HawaiiShe has lived there most of her lifeShe is 23 years old
16. Alana BlanchardShe is Bethany Hamilton’s bestfriendShe is also a model for the brandRipcurl
17. Best FriendsBethany and Alana have beentogether since they were littleStill today they make time to seeeach other