3. • Learning is centered around the interests of thelearner• This learning is immersive – learning by doing• The computer connects the student to the restof the worldThe Concept…PERSONAL LEARNING NETWORKS
4. External ServicesWeb 2.0Self organisedInstitutionallymanagedAdapted from David Delgado, 2007E-PortfolioAggregatorSocialNetworkPersonal Learning Environment ModelBlogLMSPersonalLearningEnvironment
5. PLEs, PLNs and PWsPersonalLearningNetworkPersonalWebPersonalLearningEnvironment
6. Functions of PLEsManaginginformationGeneratingcontentConnectingwith othersAdapted from Duke (2009)ccSteveWheeler,UniversityofPlymouth,2009
7. Functions of PLEsManaginginformationGeneratingcontentConnectingwith othersCommunicationwith others(dialogue)Sharing withothers(exchange)Recording andsharingachievement(e-portfolio)ccSteveWheeler,UniversityofPlymouth,2009
8. Functions of PLEsManaginginformationGeneratingcontentConnectingwith othersCommunicationwith others(dialogue)Sharing withothers(exchange)LearningRecording andsharingachievement(e-portfolio)ccSteveWheeler,UniversityofPlymouth,2009
9. • Of relationshipand connectionsamong peersand knowledge• Of ownopportunity forvalue-createdinvolvementIAware•In engaging ininformal knowledgeexchange•Inrevising/extendingcompetencedevelopmentobjectivesIIInterested•In individual orcollaborativelearning•In social andknowledge networkactivities•In pro-activelycontributing owninsights andexpertiseIIITryingengaging- To subjectmater- To peers andeducators- To anotherprofessionalsIVActivelyinvolved andconnectedPersonalcompetencedevelopmentobjectivesCompetence development lifecyclein a learning network (accordingRogers)
10. It looks like nothing before…– Like open source– Like Social Networks– Like blogs and blogging– Like wikis and collaborativewriting– Like tagging and Digg …The Internet
11. Social network sites can be defined as web-based services that allow individuals to:(1) construct a public or semi-public profile within a bounded system(2) articulate a list of other users with whom they share a connection(3) view and traverse their list of connections and those made by others within thesystem.Professional network generally refers to a professionalnetwork service, a virtual community that it is focused onprofessional interactions instead of social interactions.
12. Building PLE on start pagesWeb 2.0 applications called “start pages” are designed to provide a personalizedplace on the internet where users can mashup data, information and knowledgeavailable anywhere, anytime, including mobile login.
14. •Add tools/services•Connect to data, information,knowledge•Create artifactsPersonal LearningEnvironment•Connect to peers, educators, familyand friends•Sharethoughts, ideas, resources, artifactsPersonal LearningNetwork •Connect to professionals and expertsvia professional organizations andnetworks•Collaborate•ContributeProfessionalLearning NetworkProfessional Network OrganizingLMS, Social network, Start pageDevelopment of Professional Learning Network
17. Abbey, E. (2009, March 06). professional learning networks . Retrieved March 7, 2013, fromslideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/evan_abbey/personal-learning-networks-1110160Buchem, l. (n.d.). (PLES) a collection of definition in english . Retrieved March 15, 2013, fromslideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/ibuchem/definitions-of-personal-learning-environment-ple-4029277Butler, C. W. (2012, March 12). How to create your personal learning network . Retrieved March 07,20123, from slideshare : http://www.slideshare.net/Carlia2210/pln-100819235423phpapp02-11971554Downes, S. (2007, April 18). The Future of Online Learning and Personal Learning Environments.Retrieved March 07, 2012, from slideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/Downes/the-future-of-online-learning-and-personal-learning-environmentsIvanova, M. (2009, April 10). from personal learning environment building to professional learningnetwork forming. Retrieved March 07, 2013, from slideshare :http://www.slideshare.net/malinkaiva/from-personal-learning-environment-building-to-professional-learning-network-formingWheeler, S. (2009). Its personal: Learning spaces,learning webs. Retrieved march 15, 2013, fromSlideshare: http://www.slideshare.net/timbuckteethWoolley, M. (2009, October 26). Powerful Personal Learning Networks PLN. Retrieved March 15,2013, from slideshare : http://www.slideshare.net/markwoolley/living-literacy-digital-story-telling-for-21st-century-learnersBibliography