5 Ways To Use LinkedIn InvitesPresentation Transcript
And Build Your
Social Selling Currency!
NEW RULE: No More Standard LinkedIn Invites
LinkedIn provides 3,000 lifetime invites. Make them a hit!
Standard invites provide no context and do not move your relationship ahead.
Your social currency!
Always customize your invites
LinkedIn sets the subject line, you
can change content
Preemptive customized invite
Create cut and past templates for each customer group
Always be telling your story.
• Context of
• Why you want to
• Call to action
• No links allowed!
• Say thank you!
Always be telling your story
Sign each invite with your Twitter Handle (@GerryMoran)
Send only one invite. Don’t stalk!
Use Twitter, blogs and groups to get on their radar.
Know your LinkedIn limits for customization.
300 characters. No Links.
Refer to a link by placing spaces between . and com
Personally respond to each invite.
Use each touch point as an
opportunity to build your currency.
Place links in your response to tell them where to go.
So, what’s your next step?
Your Next Steps
1. Never send an uncustomized LinkedIn invite again
2. Always change the content of your initial invite (you cannot
change the subject line)
3. Always tell at story in your message using a personalized
salutation, the context of your connection, why you should
connect, a call to action and your signature
4. Work within your 300-character invite limit and use work-
arounds to include links (if necessary)
5. Send only one invite and don’t be a stalker
6. Always send a personalized follow up after every acceptance
Social Media Coaching Blog: