9. 49% of marketers report they willconsolidate or change agencies overthe next 12 months. another 15% aren’t sure. Source: The Chief Marketing (CMO) Council report More Gain, Less Strain.
10. only 36% of marketers are firmly committed to their agency relationships. Source: The Chief Marketing (CMO) Council report More Gain, Less Strain.
11. Churn Factors agency side‣ Over promise and under deliver ‣ Financial instability‣ Focus on outputs, not outcomes ‣ Stretched too thin‣ Talent turnover ‣ Stagnant business model‣ Weak processes ‣ Siloed services @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
12. Churn Factors client side‣ Unrealistic expectations ‣ Short-term focus‣ Weak foundation ‣ Marketing technology utilization‣ Poor management ‣ Conservative business practices‣ Lack of vision ‣ Sales/marketing team strength‣ Bad product ‣ Personnel changes‣ Financial instability ‣ Merges & acquisitions @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
13. the cost of bad relationships ‣ Agency resources (people, time, money) ‣ Opportunity lost ‣ Financial pains ‣ Loyal account neglect ‣ Mental health (of employees, leaders) ‣ Employee burnout and turnover ‣ False foundation (The Red Zone) @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
14. The Red Zonemonitor and grade client portfolio health45% of recurring revenue is at risk to churn @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
15. Choose the Right Clients‣ Commit to prospects who value your people, time and energy.‣ Watch for red flags.‣ Trust your instinct.‣ Be willing to walk away.‣ Take a more sophisticated approach to sales. @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
16. make retention the priority.
17. 1) assess strengths and forecast potential.2) offer integrated services .3) benchmark performance.4) connect actions to audiences and KPIs.
18. 1) Success Starts with the Assessment @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
20. challenges with the current process ‣ Time intensive ‣ Requires high-level personnel to analyze ‣ Lacks scoring system and visualizations ‣ Not a true assessment of success potential ‣ Fails to properly set expectations ‣ Not scalable @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
21. A More Intelligent Process & Platformsubjective analysis. assessment scoring. automated recommendations. ‣ Assess business and marketing strengths. ‣ Forecast potential for success. ‣ Build an integrated marketing strategy. ‣ Connect actions with KPIs and audiences. ‣ Determine talent needs and team structure. ‣ Forecast agency services costs. ‣ Allocate resources — time and money.
22. Net Marketing ScoreEvery element of an organization, as it relates to marketing,can be divided into: assets, neutrals and escalators . @NMScore #Inbound12
23. Net Marketing ScoreBy evaluating and scoring these elements, an organization can devise marketing strategies ; allocate the time, money and talent ; and adapt resources and priorities based on performance.
30. Published January 2010 @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
31. Published July 2010 @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
32. 80% of chief marketing officers think integrated services will increase inimportance over the next five years, according to a study by The Horn Group and Kelton Research. @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
33. however, in the same study, 60% of CMOsindicated that they are unable to find an integrated firm to meet those needs. @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
34. only 9 percent of senior marketers believe traditional ad agencies are doing a good job of evolving and extending their service capabilities in the digital age. that means 91 percent are not! Source: The Chief Marketing (CMO) Councilreport More Gain, Less Strain.
35. “There’s an underlying level of frustration among seniorcorporate marketers worldwide when it comes to agency contributions to business value creation, strategic thinking, and digital marketing development.”— Donovan Neale-May, Executive Director, CMO Council @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
36. The New Marketing Services Mix ‣ Search ‣ PR ‣ Social ‣ Digital advertising ‣ Content ‣ Email ‣ Web ‣ Analytics ‣ Mobile ‣ Tech integration ‣ Brand ‣ App development
39. 52% of senior marketers do not have a formal scorecard for rating agency performance on an annual basis. Source: The Chief Marketing (CMO) Council report More Gain, Less Strain.
40. 4) Connect Actions to Audiences & KPIs @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
41. Deliver Resultslet performance tell your story. @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
42. Client Services Series: The Case of a Hypothetical B2B Account (Coming in October 2012) ‣ Session 1: The Marketing Assessment ‣ Session 2: The Scorecard ‣ Session 3: The GamePlan ‣ Session 4: The Honeymoon (Q1) ‣ Session 5: The Reality (Q2) ‣ Session 6: The Tipping Point (Q3) ‣ Session 7: The Renewal (Q4) @PaulRoetzerpromo code: inbound15 #Inbound12
43. breakups sucks.4 steps to stop the churn. @PaulRoetzer #Inbound12
44. 1) assess strengths and forecast potential.2) offer integrated services .3) benchmark performance.4) connect actions to audiences and KPIs.
45. thank you Paul Roetzer email@example.com PR2020.com NetMarketingScore.comMarketingAgencyInsider.com