1. Get more info on this report!Physician Office Laboratory (POL) Testing Markets Worldwide: StatusQuo and Future TrendsNovember 1, 2010Labs specifically conducted in physician offices are usually not broken out in marketresearch reports covering the diagnostic industry. Numbers are often simply grouped inwith hospital and service lab sales. But for marketing strategy, knowing where testsoccur is as important as the revenue numbers. Now, Kalorama has once againrendered this important market segment visible. This report is the second edition of thereport “Physician Office Testing, Worldwide: Status Quo and Future Trends” that wasfirst published in 2007. The report concentrates on how the market for POL testing hasevolved from 2007 to 2010.What competitors are succeeding in this market? What are the most profitable tests,and what growth levels can diagnostic companies expect in the future? How willregulations affect this industry? Analyst Shara Rosen, author of Kalorama Information’sWorldwide Market for In Vitro Diagnostic Tests, now in seven editions, answers thesequestions. The report takes a bold look into the technologies and trends in physicianoffice testing and laboratories (POLs) with a special focus on the economics of test usein on-site patient care. Among the type of physician conducted tests covered in thismarket research report: Chemistry Panels Coag PT Lipids Hemato - CBC Glucose HbA1c Rapid Flu Anemia Ferritin, Iron Preg/LH Urinalysis PSA TSH FOB Cardiac Markers Hepatitis HIV
2. Histology Microbiology culture Atrep A Autoimmune Sed Rate H. pylori Cancer Markers CRP Hgb Respiratory Viruses STDs Allergy DAU Infectious diseases Microalbumin TDM OtherThe term physician office lab (POL) is diverse. It encompasses physician practices assmall as 2 to 5 doctors that perform a few rapid tests to large practices of some 200physicians that operate labs similar to small hospital laboratories. The definition usedhere is therefore broad and refers to the market for tests which are: Performed in aphysician office setting, At the time of a consultation between a physician or otherhealthcare professional (nurse practitioner, pharmacist, provides a result to be usedduring the medical visit and, is used for screening, diagnosis or monitoring purposes.Growth in physician office testing is fueled by trends in preventative medicine andproactive approaches in treating the increasing number of diagnosed diabetics; by theglobalization of infectious diseases and the associated public health issues; and by theneed to monitor the explosion of people with cardiovascular disease and other chronicconditions.The report offers a quantitative assessment of specific markets, worldwide, in U.S.dollars for 2009 to 2014. This data is provided in order to set the status quo of tests andtechnologies. However the report concentrates on how these will impact the economicsof healthcare over the near term and longer when possible.This exhaustive report provides: Discussions of the Regulatory Environment for POLs in various countries and regions The Top POL-conducted Tests and average reimbursement level POL Test Revenues by Type of Test, 2009-2014, for more than 35 test segments POL Test Revenues by Region (Europe, Asia, US) , 2009 to 2014 Breakout of the Number of POLSin the US by type (CLIA-waived, non-waived) Regional POL market environments in top Geographic markets
3. Profiles of the POL Offerings of over 75 Suppliers SWOT Analysis for Physician Office Testing Market Analyses for Key POL Testing AreasThe world market for the POL sector of point-of-care diagnostics is provided in U.S.dollars for the years 2009 - 2014. No adjustments have been made to the market datafor the effects of currency exchange fluctuations or inflation. This may seemproblematic, given the drastic devaluation of the U.S. dollar versus the Japanese Yen,euro and Swiss Franc. Kalorama has decided to use a constant exchange rate becauseit is a more accurate reflection of actual revenue growth in dollars rather than growthdue to exchange rate fluctuations.CHAPTER ONE: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY Introduction Scope and Methodology Size and Growth of the Market Market TrendsCHAPTER TWO: INTRODUCTION Background POL definition The Pros and Cons of POL testing Point of ViewCHAPTER THREE: MARKET AND TECHNOLOGICAL DYNAMICS IN POL TESTING Background The Emergence of Non-invasive Technologies o Saliva o Breath o Optical Techniques Miniaturization and Microfluidics Support POC CLIA Waived Test Menu Expansion Drives U.S. POLs Connectivity Imperative for POC devicesCHAPTER FOUR: THE ECONOMICS OF POL TESTING Background Reimbursement Challenges and Developments POLs and Clinical Outcomes Management POL Management Considerations The Regulatory Environment for POLsCHAPTER FIVE: POL TESTING IN WORLD MARKETS
4. Background Overview of the POL Market, Worldwide o Specific Country Information The United States Europe — Many Countries and Systems Japan China India AustraliaCHAPTER SIX: MARKET ANALYSIS Market Overview The Major Players Disease Burden and POL Testing Needs Test Segment Market Analysis o Diabetes - Glucose o Diabetes - HbA1c o Diabetes - Microalbumin o Cardiac Markers o Lipid Panels and Miscellaneous Cardiac Markers o Cancer Markers o Clinical Chemistry o Coagulation o Hematology o Histology o Infectious Diseases o Public Health in Developing Countries o Immunoassays o Thyroid Function o Anemia o Allergy o Autoimmune o Drugs of Abuse (DAU) o Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM) o Microbiology o Molecular o Women’s Health / Pregnancy/Fertility Commercial OutlookCHAPTER SEVEN: TOP COMPANIES Abbott Diagnostics Alere Inc. ARKRAY Bayer Diabetes Care
5. Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) Beckman Coulter Inc. bioMérieux Inc. Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc. Horiba Medical Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) Lifescan Inc. Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (OCD) Phadia AB QIAGEN N.V. Radiometer A/S Roche Diagnostics Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Sysmex CorporationCHAPTER EIGHT: “NEW FRONTIER” COMPANIES IN THE POL MARKET 3M Medical Diagnostics 77 Elektronika Kft. Abaxis, Inc. A/C Diagnostics Accumetrics Acon Laboratories, Inc. Acrongenomics Inc. Akers Biosciences, Inc. Alfa Wassermann Diagnostic Technologies, LLC Ani Biotech Oy Axis-Shield plc Biomerica Inc. BioVei Incorporated Carolina Liquid Chemistries Corp. Celerus Diagnostics Cepheid Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc. Chempaq A/S Claros Diagnostics, Inc. CoaguSense, Inc. diaDexus, Inc. Diaglobal GmbH Diazyme Laboratories DxNA Eiken Chemical Co., Ltd Enigma Diagnostics Limited Enterix Inc. ESA Biosciences Inc. HandyLab, Inc.
6. Helena Laboratories HemoCue AB Idaho Technology Innovative Biosensors International Technidyne Corp (ITC) LifeAssays AB LifeSign LLC MACHEREY-NAGEL GmbH & Co. Meridian Bioscience, Inc. Micronics Inc. Nanosphere, Inc. OraSure Technologies, Inc. Oxonica Diagnostics Philips Handheld Immunoassays Pocared Diagnostics Ltd Polymedco, Inc. Polymer Technology Systems, Inc. QBC Diagnostics, Inc. QuantRx Biomedical Corporation Quidel Corporation Quotient Diagnostics Randox Response Biomedical Corp. Rheonix Inc. Screening Devices Canada, Inc. SQI Diagnostics Inc. Trinity Biotech plc TwistDx, Ltd. Veredus Laboratories Pte Vital DiagnosticsCHAPTER NINE: THE FUTURE OF THE POL MARKET: SWOT ANALYSIS Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities ThreatsAvailable immediately for Online Download athttp://www.marketresearch.com/product/display.asp?productid=2807838