Lee’s Summit, MO 64063
Highly motivated Software Engineer seeking position utilizing my knowledge of .NET
software development. Demonstrated leadership abilities and team work skills as well as
the ability to accomplish tasks under minimal direction and supervision.
C#, C, C++, Assembly languages
.NET Skill Set:
.NET Framework and Common Type System, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, .NET Class Libraries, Web
SetFocus, LLC. Lee’s Summit, MO 2/09 - 10/09
Software Developer in .NET Master’s Program
• Developed solutions for diverse programming scenarios in C#, employing object–
oriented programming concepts such as: encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism,
• Used C# and ADO.NET to define and implement secure middle-tier components using
both connected and disconnected environment strategies. Components were
consumed by web applications and windows applications utilizing SQL Server and
stored procedures to perform logical business transactions.
• Created and deployed XML Web Services using ASP.NET and Web Services
Enhancements (WSE). Consumed Web Services from both Windows forms and
ASP.NET web applications.
• Developed a Windows n-tiered “Public Library Management System” application and
then ported the application to a dynamic ASP.NET Internet/Intranet model utilizing
the same secure middle tier data access components. Non-public web pages were
secured using Windows integrated and ASP.NET forms security models.
Independent Contractor Lee’s Summit, MO 10/09-Present
• Created a .NET Windows Application in C# to input a color image file and output a
file with a C language array for displaying the image on a black and white LCD.
Features of the application include:
o Allows users to use bmp, jpeg, gif, tif, and png input image files.
o Allows users to select how each color in the image file is converted to black
o Dynamic generation of user controls.
o Allows users to specify the exact positioning of the image on the target
o Uses serialization to allow users to store image parameters as a project.
o Allows users to select a simple lossless compression of the output data.
RBC Product Development Lenexa, KS 6/08-11/08
• Modified real time, embedded software in C to execute various tests for Atmel
AT91FR40162S microcontroller based medical equipment.
• Wrote a document for other software professionals outlining the steps necessary to
quickly find the processor loading, communication message frequency, and POST
execution time for medical equipment.
• Ran a series of tests on medical equipment and documented the results to contribute
to the completion of the Verification and Validation tests.
TriSquare Communications Kansas City, MO 4/06-7/07
• Developed real time, embedded software in C to save data for a 2-way radio in flash
memory in the Freescale MC9S08GB60A microcontroller, potentially saving millions
of dollars by not using a separate non-volatile memory storage device.
• Modified Zilog Z8F4812 microcontroller assembly language source code to implement
a new audio compander solution to aid improvement of 2-way radio sound quality.
• Developed real time, embedded software in C for a serial data communication driver
for a LCD display, enabling 3 software developers to quickly design menu screens for
a 2-way radio.
• Generated written document to explain the LCD interface functions that aided other
software developers in designing menu screens for a 2-way radio.
Progress Instruments Lee’s Summit, MO 4/03-1/06
• Developed real time, embedded software in C for serial communications over PLC
(Power Line Communication) and a LIN (Local Interconnect Network) type bus to
implement a TI MSP430 and Motorola 68HC908GT8 based snowplow controller.
• Developed a Visual C++ console program to convert a Bitmap file into a C language
data format so a customer’s logo could be displayed on a LCD, drastically decreasing
the time to accomplish the task.
• Developed a Visual C++ console program to generate software loads that made it
easy for users to update their snowplow firmware in the field.
• Designed Visual C++ software that formatted a file of communication messages
between a salt spreader and its controller that resulted in the ability to develop
spreader control algorithms in much less time.
• Developed a software driver for a serial communication interface to a digital
thermometer in a Microchip PIC microcontroller-based wireless temperature probe.
Iowa State University Ames, IA
Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering