Head of UX Design & Content
75K – 85K + Benefits
Our client is looking to build their technical capability and are looking for very talented individuals to join their team. Reporting in
to the Chief Development Officer the Head of UX Design & Content will be a major contributor to the clients UX and content
capabilities in the UK digital innovation landscape. This role will play a key role within the organisation and will contribute to the
User Experience, Design & Content strategy and goals. The role will be responsible for leading the platform design strategy, and
defining and delivering unique and high quality user experiences across all of our platforms. This role will take ownership of the
Design and Content strategy for all projects, providing thought leadership, direction and practical advice.
• Responsible for leading the user experience strategy and developing a pragmatic deployment plan for the product roadmap
• Leading and owning the Content strategy and development in a dynamic and agile environment
• Whilst this role will lead platform designs, they will also be responsible for recruiting and managing third party design firms as
well as internal design resources.
• Will be responsible for evangelizing user-centric design methodologies across the company integrated with a data driven
performance based approach
• Will define and embed quality standards for Instructional Design, development and testing and deliver customer excellence on
• Will oversee output of suppliers/agencies, conducting usability testing and tracking results to continually build knowledge
around creative performance and best practices.
• Working collaboratively with the development team and the wider Team to help define new approaches, techniques and tools
for User Experience, User Research, experience design, testing and new ways of thinking.
SKIILS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in delivering world class designed software and platforms.
• A strong background in UX/information architecture and SEO
• Content background or experience with content-heavy projects is essential
• Exceptional portfolio demonstrating expertise in creating solutions across a number of channels and platforms for user
• Experience in a range of UX/IA methodologies, techniques, processes and tools
• Substantial number of years’ experience in professional design, copy or related online creative industry experience, with
• Strong understanding of analytics tools, User Research, insight, testing and data gathering
• Experienced in working with cross-functional teams (, engineering, QA, etc.) on CDEC projects as required.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to synthesize conflicting feedback and create consensus, with strong
• Expert knowledge of current web/mobile best practices to create compelling and efficient user-experiences
• Experience building proofs of concepts and prototypes to demonstrate feasibility of product designs and vision.
• Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and the challenges of a new organisation.
• Results-driven, able to initiate and lead projects; work autonomously and multi-task in a dynamic environment.
• Strong track record of developing compelling propositions for partners
• Highly conceptual thinker, co-leads creative and content teams to generate breakthrough, on-strategy ideas.
• B.Sc. or higher in relevant field