1. SAWM AT A GLANCE Swiss Arab WealthManagement (SAWM 2013)Forum Overview SAWM 2013 Highlights SAWM 2013Accomplishments Projections for the 2014Edition
2. SAWM 2013 OVERVIEW
3. SAWM 2013The first edition of the Swiss Arab Wealth ManagementForum (SAWM 2013) was inaugurated on the 10th of April,2013 at the Grand Hotel kempinski in Geneva, Switzerland.
4. SAWM 2013addressed thefuture ofSwitzerland as ahub for Arabwealthmanagement in achanging globalregulatoryenvironment.THE THEME
5. THE SESSIONS Outlook of Switzerland as aHub for WealthManagement Global Economic Outlook Drivers of MENA Markets Investment Strategies andAssets Allocation United Arab Emirates: Aglobal business hub
6. The forum was a meeting point for Government Officials, Central Bankers,Leaders & Representatives of major Arab & Swiss Private Banks & FinancialInstitutions.THE FIRST OF ITS KIND IN THE SWISS CAPITAL
7. SPECIAL FEATURESAWM 2013 hosted the UnitedArab Emirates as a GuestCountry.The Undersecretary of the UAEMinistry of Economy headed thecountry’s VIP delegation.
8. SAWM 2013 HIGHLIGHTS
9. H.E. MR. RIAD SALAMÉGovernorBanque Du Liban“Lebanon is committedto financial performanceand applies rules &regulations to always becompliant withinternationalregulations..”
10. H.E. ABDULLA AL SALEHUndersecretaryMinistry Of EconomyUAE“Switzerland is themost important centerfor managing ArabWealth..”
11. Mr. BERNARD DROUXChairman Of GenevaFinancial Center AndThe Managing PartnerOf Lombard Odier & CieMr. Droux Discussedthe ranking ofSwitzerland in theglobal financialecosystem with Zurichranking in 5th placeand Geneva in 7th.“Switzerland is thelargest financial centerfor transnationalprivate savings with ashare of 27%globally..”
12. MR. DANIEL ZULAUFMinister, DeputyPermanentRepresentative, WTOFederal Department ofEconomicSwitzerland“To promote trade inSwitzerland, wedeveloped theFinancial sector andServices..”“Switzerland has nonatural resourcesapart from water.Therefore, to survivewe need to beinnovative..”
13. MR. STEFAN HOFERThe Emerging MarketsEconomistJulius BaerSwitzerlandMr. Hofer discussed thebooming corporatesector in the US andalso Japan’s experiencein financial policy and itseffective impact on theeconomy.
14. SAWM 2013 ACCOMPLISHMENTS
15. SAWM 2013revealedSwitzerland’shorizons andinnovationcapabilities inmanaging the Arabwealth in light of thegeopolitical turmoil.
16. SAWM 2013 acted as a bridgebetween the Arab region and one of theworld’s top wealth management hubs.
17. SAWM 2013allowed Arab HighNet WorthIndividuals (HNWI)to explore by-sector investmentopportunities in asteady economylike Switzerland.
18. SAWM2013Reassured theArabs thatSwitzerland isable tomaintain itsleadershipposition as aprivate equityhub
19. SAWM 2013 provided a platform for holding an open dialoguebetween public and private sectors from Switzerland and theArab world to take the bilateral economy, trade, assetallocation and investment relations into a new level ofalliance.
20. PROJECTIONS FOR THE 2014 EDITION
21. ANNOUNCING THE SWISS-ARAB FORUM 2014The 2nd edition of the Swiss-Arab Forum is scheduled to take place on the3rd of April, 2014 at the Grand Hotel Kempinski in Geneva, Switzerland.