Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Niagara falls
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Niagara falls

2,474

Published on

ESL

ESL

Published in: Education
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
2,474
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
79
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Niagara Falls .   Niagara Falls is not the tallest, or the longest waterfall in the world, but it is one of the most famous
  • 2. What is the origin of the word “Niagara”? <ul><li>The word ‘Niagara’ comes from the name of an Indian town called ‘Ongniaahra’, meaning ‘point of land cut into two’. </li></ul>
  • 3. How many falls are there at Niagara? <ul><li>There are three falls at Niagara: the American Falls, the Bridal Veil Falls, and the Horseshoe Falls. All the falls are on Niagara River. </li></ul><ul><li>The American Falls </li></ul>
  • 4. The American Falls <ul><li>The American Falls is completely within the USA, state of New York. </li></ul><ul><li>The height of the American Falls is between 70 to 110 feet (21–34 meters). </li></ul><ul><li>In 1969 all water flow to the American Falls was stopped. The US army engineers wanted to see if the rocks at the base could be removed to give the falls a better look. </li></ul><ul><li>But the cost was too high. It was decided not to make any changes to the falls. </li></ul>
  • 5. The Bridal Veil Falls <ul><li>Bridal Veil </li></ul>
  • 6. The Bridal Veil Falls <ul><li>The Bridal Veil Falls is the smallest of the three waterfalls </li></ul><ul><li>The Bridal Veil Falls is located on the USA side. </li></ul>
  • 7. The Horseshoe Falls <ul><li>The Horseshoe falls is also known as Canadian falls. </li></ul><ul><li>It is the most impressive of the three falls that make up Niagara Falls. </li></ul><ul><li>At the center of the Horseshoe Falls the water is about 3 meters deep. </li></ul><ul><li>At the base of the falls the water is about 56 meters deep. </li></ul>
  • 8. View of the Horseshoe Falls
  • 9. <ul><li>The water of the Horseshoe Falls passes at a speed of about 32 km/h. </li></ul><ul><li>The fall is 53 meters high. </li></ul><ul><li>90% of the water of the Niagara River flows over Horseshoe Falls, while the other 10% flows over the American Falls. </li></ul>
  • 10. <ul><li>THE END </li></ul>

×