• Technology is a body of knowlegde, skills and
reources we coordinately use to solve human
• In technology, a specific methodology is followed:
The proyects’ method
• We find Technology in any artificial object
• The technological activity often yields a product
Analisis of an object
• Shape: the shape of an object has to do with its
function, resistance and stability.
• Functional analysis: The diffent parts of an
object have different functions and so they are
made out of different materials and placed in
different places trough the object.
• Technical analysis: It is the analysis of the
object’s properties: resistance, efficiency, how
• Economical analysis: we must also consider the
object from its economical point of view: initial
price, energy consumption, maintenance, how
many years it lasts…
Documents of a project
Specification: Document where the client describes the required
product or service
Quotes/proposal: are the offer from the supplier. Quotes would be
the price and properties maching the requirements. Proposals are
variations over the specification
Plan: is the document wich registers the neccessary tasks (ordered,
duration, technicians) and resources (materials, tools) to build the
Design: Includes plans/drawings. It must be functional (match client’s
needs), economical, durable and respect enviroment
Bibliography: Indicates the sources of information used to design and
build the object
Manual: document where the supplier explains how the product works:
step by steps instructions to assemble, safety operation, mantainance
Receipt: Is the document where the supplier specificates the price
that the customer has to pay, including taxes.
• Recycling tries first to avoid unnecessary
• Reuse and recycle have always existed.
Recycled or reused matherias where those
• Recycling has many enviromental
• Reduces energy consumption
• Reduces the demand for natural resources
• Reduces the need for landfill sites
• The chance of recycling a product depends on the materials
it is made of.
• To help recycling an object, the best thing is marking its
different parts with an appropiate symbol, so tat the user
knows how to recycle them
• The mobius loop is the general symbol which indicates that a
product can (must) be recycled. It is not accurate, because
it doesn´t indicate where or how to recycle it.
environment: health and
The health and safety instructions are intended to ensure a safe
working environment for everybody (workers, users…).
A risk is the combination of the probability that something
happens and how harmful it would be if it happens.
To evaluate risks, we made a table giving a value to the probability
and the harm it causes. Then, we multiply those values
The rule of the four p’s (core of marketing
theory) says that: if the rigth product is in the
rigth place at the rigth price, it can be sold.
Promotion is optional
Fixed cost don´t depend on the amount of
Variable costs: depend on the amount of products
Laws of supply and demand: Suppliers produce
products when costumers demand them:
A) If demand is higher than supply the product’s
B) If demand is lower than supply the product’s
the long term supply often equals demand because
If the prices rise, the demand decreases or
If prices drope, demand increases or supply