Retailers built a fortress against
Manpreet Singh MBA3/1329
$500 billion (Rs. 30 lac crore) is the size of India’s retail sector
$3.1 Bn (Rs. 18600 Cr) is the size of Indian E-Commerce
industry, Expected to be $16Bn by 2016 (88% Growth rate)
Flipkart- $1bn sales, Myntra & Snapdeal
are expecting by 2015
Funding Received :
Snapdeal $134Mn, Ebay is one of the major investor, 20%
-Amazon vs Radioshack
- Reason: Price & Varieties, Both are good online
Revenue Growth (in Bn$)
- Picture is not Rosy for Online too
- Lenovo’s Statement about warranty authorization
Keeping Prices Fair
-Decreasing Footfalls in malls, Trail room
- Mall’s Demands to Brands
- Nike, Adidas, TommyH, UCB concern
- Online Market Place Process
- MRP, Floor Price, CCI
- How to build Trust related to Warranty, Authorization?
- Carryon PriceWar, uptill when?
- How to provide a Physical experience?
- Payment Related fear in India, How to deal?
- Develop a strategy to stand against future threats.
Walmart Online, Future bazaar.com
- Seller ratings & Reviews.
- Exclusive Launches like Moto G
- Price War:
“We Believe in a level playing Field” – M.Bansal ceo Myntra
“We have gone through it”, but it has now settled down.
There’s hardly any price undercutting on travel portals now.
Booking flights or hotels through travel portals is a matter of
convenience and choice, rather than about pricing”
Deep Kalra MMT
- Range of items while Delivery
- Educate people about Online Payment, Secure payment systems, Reduce refund time
What lies in the future?
Omni Channel Retailing is changing the face of the retailing n the future.