Coca cola The social Media GuarD By manpreet Singh DigitalPresentation Transcript
“The social Media Guar:D”
Universal Business School
Phones down, Cokes up!
Who is Coca-Cola
• Coca-Cola has over 3500 products in over 200
• Most recognized brand in the world (94% of
world’s population recognize Coca-Cola)
• Employs 146,200 people worldwide
• In business for 126 years and 50 consecutive
years of increased profit.
People: Be a great place to work where
people are inspired to be the best they
Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio
of quality beverage brands that
anticipate and satisfy people’s desires
Partners: Nurture a winning network of
customers and suppliers, together we
create mutual, enduring value.
Planet: Be a responsible citizen that
makes a difference by helping build and
support sustainable communities.
Profit: Maximize long-term return to
shareholders while being mindful of
our overall responsibilities.
Productivity: Be a highly effective, lean,
and fast-moving organization.
To refresh the world
To inspire moments of optimism and
To create value and make a difference
Leadership– The courage to shape a
Collaboration - Leverage collective
Integrity– Be real
Accountability- If it is to be, it’s up to me
Passion– Committed in heart and mind
Diversity- As inclusive as our brands
Quality- What we do, we do well
Social Situational Analysis S
• On their main Twitter account,
@CocaCola, Coca-Cola has:
• 691,616 followers
• Following 67,733 users
• 1,322,000 tweets per quarter
• Over 62.2 million “Likes”
•797,581 people talking about Coca-
• On the main Google+ page,
google.com/+Coca-Cola, Coke has:
• 843,664 followers, a small percentage
of their Facebook page, but more
than their Twitter page.
• 828,305 people have Coca-Cola in
• Over 1000 videos posted
• 2,791 followers, by far the lowest amount
of fans of any of their social media pages.
• 139 Pins, 6 board, 980 Repins
• The campaign’s main motive was to make people realise that no doubt social media is one
of the most lucrative platforms, it should be the reason that ruins personal and precious
moments of your real life.
• Via this particular video it has tried to portray that a bottle of coke will be enough to bring
those crazy social media users back to their real lives.
• Ultimately, Cocacola wanted to connect itself more to its Consumers, showing that it
cares for them
Aim Of the campaign
Strategy & Execution
• Social Media is addictive. Every time you log into your facebook and twitter accounts,
they tend to take up most of your times leaving you overburdened with work. So much so,
now people use these mediums to communicate when on the dining tables, when out with
friends, when eating, when sleeping, in short all the time. Coca-Cola, planned to ‘guard’ people
from using the social media every minute and every second of their lives. The Social
Media Guard takes the ‘social’ out of media and puts it back into your life.
“If you're watching this video on your mobile phone, it's time to put it down.
Look around you: there’s probably someone special you can share a real moment with.”
• The above, was the YouTube description posted alongside a cheeky film titled Coca-Cola Social
Media Guard, which invites us to enjoy real moments of connection with each other by taking a
refreshing pause from our screens.
• In the video, people can be seen wearing red plastic funnels over their heads to help keep their
eyes on each other and off their smartphones. A voice over lightheartedly refers to the real
world as “the thing that happens when you run out of battery.”
• The video received more than 2 million views on youtube in less than a week
• The video kicks off a Coca-Cola campaign in the Middle East focused on taking
the "social" out of social media and putting it back into our lives.
• More than 70,000 blogs, articles etc were posted across different websites &
platforms about this campaign. This presentation is one of them
• Cocacola page on Facebook received more than 1.4million likes within 2 weeks
of this campaign
• Unique, innovative and impactful, the campaign was liked by many and viewed
by even more.
• Though the product “The Social media Guard” was just a spoof, people were
actually demanding for the same on the outlets of cocacola
• Definitely successful, the campaign is different and has been able to keep up with
the past campaigns that Coca-Cola has done.