What is SEO
SEO means Search Engine Optimization meaning
optimizing (changing) website
so as to rank top in search engines.
What is the need of SEO
• 97% Users Shop Online
More than half shop online and then shop offline
• 70% use the internet for Local Shopping
More than 50% have switched from phonebook to
• Over 300 million daily Internet Searches
25% of all searches are people looking for local
Benefits of SEO
• Increased Traffic
• Return on Investment
• Cost Effectiveness
• Increased Site Usability
• Brand Awareness
• Improve Search Engine Rankings
• On-Page Optimization
• Off-Page Optimization
• Social Media Optimization(SMO)
• Search Engine Marketing(SEM)
• PPC(Pay per Click)
• Website Analysis
• Keyword Research
• Competitor Analysis
• Sitemap Creation
• Google Tools Setup
• Robots Text Creation
• Meta Tags Optimization
• Website Structure Optimization
• Content Optimization
• Checking the Broken Links
• Validating HTML Code
• Site Navigation
• Spellings Correction
• Finding the Competitors on Search Engine
• Short listing the Competitors
It is very important part of SEO to choose the
right keywords for website.
Keywords that you are targeting must be related
to the content of the Website and for which top
rank in search engines is easy to achieve
• Popular keyword Search
• Finding the Right Keywords
• Key words – words or phrases your clients use in searches
• Organic – results from natural searches, not paid promotion
• SERP – Search Engine Result Page
• 7-result SERP – pins on a map, limited to 7 hits
• Bounce Rate – percent of time a client leaves a site/page
• Alt Text – key words applied as picture descriptions or link names
• Page Title – A formal title for a page, shows up in browser top
• Meta Description – Formal description, shows up in SERP
• Analytics – statistics and information that describe site access
• White Hat/Black Hat – Honest/Not Honest ways to build SEO
Meta tags Optimization
• Title Tag:
The title of the website is displayed in the first
line of the each result in blue color, the title has
to be interesting so that the reader is
attracted to open the website. There should be
only one title tag per webpage.
• This part is displayed next to title of each
search result in the google organic search.
• <img src=“web design.jpg”alt=“Latest Web design Templates”>
• Header Tags Creation
There should be only one h1 tag per page for better ranking in
Google however you can have more than one <h2> and <h3> tags.
• Google Adwords
• Google Analytics
• Google Webmaster Tools
• Google Search
• Google places
SEO Do’s & Don’ts
SEO - what is NOT recommended
• Flash and shockwave
• Image only sites
• Image maps
• Password protected pages
• PDF Files
• Dynamic Pages
• Drop Down Menus
Tips for SEO Friendly URL’s
• Title should be different for all pages and not more than 150 letters.
• Every page you should have meta tags and meta description.
• Every image should have alt tag for seo purpose.
• URL masking’s should be taken i.e you should write htacess for your pages.
• The page size is recommend 100 kb.
• You should have external linking in your pages.
• You should have internal linking in your pages.
• Proper navigations should have all your pages.
• Broken url should n’t have in your pages.
• You should have site map for your site.
• If there are not too many pages on your site (up to a couple of dozen), it is best to place them all in the root directory of
• Search engines consider such pages to be more important than ones in subdirectories.
• You should not have the grammatical mistakes in your text.
• You should have the robot.txt file in your folder.
• Use proper fonts to your text in all your pages.
• Proper html closing in your pages.
• The general seo rule is: the more, the better. Increasing the number of pages on your website increases the visibility of the
site to search engines. Also, if new information is being constantly added to the site, search engines consider this as
development and expansion of the site. This may give additional advantages in ranking. You should periodically publish more
information on your site – news, press releases, articles, useful tips, etc.
• Redirects make site analysis more difficult for search robots, with resulting adverse effects on seo. Do not use redirects
unless there is a clear reason for doing so.
• Should not have any html and css errors in your pages.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.