Agenda• Why Bother?• Tailoring Tips• Small Group Activity• Wrap Up• Evaluate Us!
Purpose: What are you trying to achieve?Level of engagement: How much do you need?Constraints: What are your resources?Stakeholders: Who will be affected?Messaging: How will you communicate?Setting the stage: How will you involve them?Tools and methods: Inform, engage, & activate!Break it down…
Purpose: What are you trying to achieve?
Level of engagement: How much do you need?
Constraints: What are your resources?
Stakeholders: Who will be affected?
Messaging: How will you communicate?
Setting the Stage: How will you involve them?
Make it fun
Reach out in many ways
Tools and Methods: Inform, engage, activate!
Website and email list
Tailor, Tailor, Tailor
• Tailor your tools• Embrace technology• Be creative, have fun, try something new!• Inform, Engage, Activate!In summary…
Now it’s your turn!
• Go to the table with your assigned letter• Discuss four scenarios (different conditions foreach)• Getting ready for the big vote• The new demographics• A transformative development project• Overcoming apathy• Facilitators will provide details and report backSmall Group Activity (30 minutes)
Wrap-up and Evaluate!
1. Milkshake2. Cabinet3. Frappe4. BatidoWhat do you call this?
1. Yes, I learned a lot!2. I learned a couple new things.3. I only learned what different people calledblended beverages.4. No, but I drew some great doodles on myhandouts.Did you learn something new?
1. Immediately!2. Eventually.3. Not likely.Will you use this information?
1. Yes, I met more than 1 new person.2. Yes, I met 1 new person.3. No.Did you meet someone new who youwill keep in touch with?