Construction of music videoPresentation Transcript
Construction of Music Video. Anisa Bibi- 8016
Construction of our Music Video.
The program we used was Sony Vegas Pro.8, the reason we used this program was because we found out that it was some what simple to use and was accessible to us also. Furthermore, even though we had never used this program before it became a challenge to use, we thought it would be simple however it was very hard.
The things i wanted to achieve became hard to do, after watching a few tutorials on Youtube, I learnt the basic’s of the program and then I developed upon them, myself.
The difficulties we had where when we had to save our music video, because the song became out of sync with our lyrics because of the way we exported it. There was no way around this and we had to leave the song the way it was. This was the biggest disappointment we faced as there was nothing we could do to change it, so the song was left the way it was.
We began by importing our music videos, from our files. We had saved them in order of the verses, for instance we had all the footage for the 1 st verse in one file and the chorus in another and so on. The reason we did this was because it would be easier to find the files and would not cause much hassle.
After importing the files I wanted I placed them in the timeline. This meant I could work with them and add effects or what ever I wanted to do to them. As you can see behind the actor there is a green screen, the way we got rid of this was by adding a chromakey behind it.
I had to click on the Video FX, which gave me all the effects I could use. This would highlight the green screen to a sold green colour, which meant that when I placed a chromakey behind it there would be less shadows.
You could change the saturation of the video the saturation meant that I could make it high or low. If I made I high he would became a bright green however if I were to make it lower then it would became dark green.
Before I put a chromakey on the main video I needed a video or image behind it. This was going to act as the chromakey. This would allow me to hide the green and replace it with the following video of my choice. I chose a video which was going to represent the past, of the actor, so this went hand in hand with the lyrics. The way I was going to make it represent the past by making the chromakey black and white, the way I was going to do that was by adding an effect.
I then placed a Pure Green Screen on the main video, this got rid of the green screen behind which gave the music video a professional finish.
As you can see the chromakey has been placed behind the main video, I can change the threshold on the video to again darken or lighten the video. If I lowered the threshold I could make it became lighter which would hide the video blemishes.
Moreover, I had to edit each footage to get the accurate footage I wanted. The way I I had do this was by splitting the screen, and then deleting the one I wanted. The way I split it was by highlighting the area I wanted and then pressing S on it. When I split the screen this enabled me to get the exact part of the video I wanted.
In addition, later on in the music video I had to reverse a scene to make it look effective. Also many of the people that viewed our video enjoyed that particular part as it was something different just like the chromakey. The reason I chose to reverse a scene was because it went with the lyrics and gave them more meaning which added to the narrative.
Besides the reverse I had to speed up the video, to make it look much more effective. The velocity gave me a chance to speed or slower the actual speed of the scene. The reason I did this was because after reversing it, I wanted to speed the card scene up so the cards went in the actors hand faster.
As you can see the green line on the main video, was the velocity line, when I doubled clicked it, I could move it up and down. If I moved it down I could make the video go much more faster. However, if I moved the velocity down it would become slower.