The mythical Google killer is possibly
• Voice recognition has been the next big thing
for 15 – 20 years.
• Siri is the best voice rec app ever — and it’s
still in “beta.”
Siri has a personality
• Siri accurately recognizes voices and has a
personality to boot.
• Makes the app addictive
Siri is hard to copy
• Voice Reco. is a combination of science, art
and artificial intelligence
• Google and a few others have the science
(Voice reco app)
• However the personality bit is the art thing
• Building the AI is another story
Siri - Synonymous with Apple
• From Text input to Haptic control.. Siri now
takes it to voice control
– The evolution of “Input”
• Siri can be leveraged by Apple in the future to
become the primary device interface.
Voice is the new data..
• …and Siri is amassing it
– It is not about what Siri does today.
– It is about unlocking a new door to internet
through speech and voice
• In Siri, Voice based applications find a eco-
• All voice lead data builds up an awesome
warehouse of information powered by Siri
Siri the innovator
• Currently, Siri is in “beta” and no 3rd party app
• When Siri opens up its API to 3rd party
developers, growth and adoption will go
– When developers write Siri-enabled scripts that
tie into their websites – like Yelp, OpenTable- Siri
will become even smarter.
– Siri will become more valuable because better and
better data results will come back to it
Kinect and Siri
• Innovative platforms with commonalities:
creating a new form of interacting with
• Voice, so much more powerful and universal
as an interface compared to hand-waving.
Will Siri kill Google?
(like iPhone killed Blackberry)
• Wont happen overnight
• Research in Motion didn’t collapse after the
iPhone was released in January 2007.
– RIM hit all-time highs 18 months after iPhone’s
introduction. Only now — 4.5 years after its
introduction — that we see how iPhone caused RIM’s
slow-motion car crash.
• Might take that long for Siri to inflict that much
harm to Google
• Google has lots of cash to throw at the problem.
• …. we might be watching the beginning of the
end of Google, thanks to innocuous
introduction of Siri in the iPhone 4S.