2. Paro is exceptionally scenic and serene! Besides being a place to be for all whowant to be inducted into monkhood, it is a place of legends as well. It isnt themarket place, or the few concrete buildings spread out along the main street thatmake Paro; it is better known for places like the Taksang Monastery, which isnestled right at the edge of a cliff, 1200 meters high; Kichu Lang, about whichlegend says that it was built overnight along with 107 others and Drukgyel Dzong,that loudly speaks of the medieval Tibet-Bhutan wars.
3. Punakha until the year 1955 was the capital of Bhutan. The things that mostattract tourists and visitors to this town are its serene atmosphere and aninteresting history. When it comes to the history of Bhutan, theres nothing betterthan visiting the majestic Punakha Dzong, which is cradled on an island created bythe confluence of River Mo Chuu and River Pho Chuu. Besides being home toancient relics, it also serves as a winter residence for the monastic body.
4. rom a small town in the 60s to a full-fledged city today, Thimpu has come a longway to grab the title of the capital city of Bhutan, formerly upheld by the ancienttown of Punakha. And it still doesnt have traffic lights! Watch out for the dancingtraffic policemen that leave no stone unturned to light the way for local traffic.Spread out along the Wang Chuu River, Thimpu enjoys great weather with ampleprecipitation. Modernisation brought to the city, new ideas and ways of thinkingbut it has somehow remained impregnable to everything it doesn’t find intriguing.
5. Meri Puensum ***Hotel Meri Puensum, Punakha lies on Wolakha-Talo road. It is 4 kms south of the majestic andhistoric Punakha Dzong - Bhutans ancientcapital. Perched on a hillside this resortoverlooks the beautiful and pristine Puna TsangChu River and offers a panoramic view of thenearby villages and surrounding countryside.Hotel Kisa ***Located on Chang Lam Street in Thimpu, HotelKisa offers the best views of the stadium, cricketground and the archery range. It also offers aconvenient access to interesting sights,shopping and local flavor within a short walkingdistance.
6. Hotel Olathang ***Established in 1974, Hotel Olathang is locatedabout 5 km from the Airport. Beautifullyperched atop a hill amidst 28 acres of blue pineforests and lush greenery, it exudes anambience of peace and tranquility, enthrallingvisitors with its close intimacy with nature.It offers a multi-cuisine restaurant, a beautifully designed Bhutanese bar, fullyequipped 250 capacity conference hall, concierge & foreign exchange, a modernspa & traditional hot stone bath, It also has a well equipped business centrewith wifi connectivity and provides 24-hour room service and laundry facilities.
7. Package ItineraryDay 1: Arrive Paro and depart to ThimphuDay 2: Explore ThimpuDay 3: Drive to Punakha from ThimpuDay 4: Drive to Paro and Excursion to Chele La PassDay 5: Stroll around ParoDay 6: Departure
8. Click to check for Rates & DatesDeparture from Kolkata Price Details •Single Occupancy : Rs. 30,999 •Twin Sharing : Rs. 22,999 •Extra Adult : Rs. 20,999 •Child with Bed : Rs. 18,999 •Child without Bed : Rs. 16,999 •Infant :Rs. 5,500
9. Make Your Holiday Special With…… Packages to Blissful Bhutan starting at Rs.22,999* Book NowJoin us on: Visit us at http://www.makemytrip.com