1. Banksy is a British artist who was born in 1974 and was raised in
2. Banksy has
work on walls,
and railway cars
from London to
New York and
has done various
3. Much of his work can be found on his website
4. Banksy began his graffiti art in the free hand writing style but
discovered that stenciling was his true medium.
A stencil is a thin sheet of material, such as paper, plastic, or metal, with
letters or a design cut from it, used to produce the letters or design on an
underlying surface by applying pigment through the cut-out holes in the
material. The key advantage of a stencil is that it can be reused to
repeatedly and rapidly produce the same letters or design.
5. Banksy’ s work is often political in nature.
6. He has stated that he likes the idea that stencils have been
used to start revolutions and to stop wars.
7. A ribbon
8. Notice how
often incorporates the
9. To loiter : to stand in a place doing nothing, idle
10. Some of his quotations …….
“A lot of mothers will do anything for their children, except let them be
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the
rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop
bombs and massacre villages”
“There are four basic human needs; food, sleep, sex and revenge.”
“Graffiti is one of the few tools you have if you have almost nothing. And even
if you don't come up with a picture to cure world poverty you can make
someone smile while they're having a piss.”
“A lot of people never use their initiative because no-one told them to.”