4. About Mobile TaggingA mobile tag is a two-dimensional image encoded with information. It isdecoded using a camera phone application. These tag reader applications areable to scan tags and react accordingly based on the patterns within theimage. Based on the information contained within the tag, the tag readingsoftware can perform a variety of functions including the display of text orimages, hyperlinking to specific URLs, linking to video content and providingcontact information.Information can be encoded into two-dimensional images in multiple ways.There have been upwards of 70 different types of tags developedover the past decade, each with associated applications built to identify theirspecific method of encoding. Many of these application designsare used for logistical purposes in industrial verticals.It’s important to consider three key consumer-facing methods for capturinginformation through a phone camera.
5. About Mobile TaggingBARCODESVarious mobile phone applications are using the barcodesfound on products to serve up information and services.When a user scans the barcode with their phone camera,services will identify the product and provide pricinginformation, user reviews and other product data.
6. About mobile taggingQR CODEOriginally used as a method for tracking vehicle parts inventory, theQuick Response code is an open source platform now used as aform of scanable barcode. QR is a not a proprietary medium, sothere are a number of disparate formats available for use. Thedesign of this type of mobile tag contains all the information beingtransmitted and therefore doesn’t need online access to decodethe information held within it. Each code can contain over 4,000alpha numeric characters.
7. About mobile taggingTag is a barcode designed to deliver encoded information to a phone from aserver. When the Microsoft Tag is scanned by a mobile phone’sreader, it gathers information loaded on a server and sends it back to thephone. This feature allows the tag to be used differently over time as theinformation can be updated on the backend without changing the design ofthe encoded image. Microsoft Tag offers an array of tracking metrics includinglocation data.
8. About Mobile TaggingMICROSOFT TAG VS QR CODEMicrosoft Tags are similar to QR codes, in the sense that they create a connection betweenreal life and the digital world.Compared to every other system, Tags offer some advantages such monitoring andbusiness intelligence tools, and colors and shapes to code the information: no more blackand white graphical elements with no visual impact, but objects related to thecommunication code of a brand.The scanning of the Tag is much faster than the QR code, and performs better also in badlight conditions. There is just one Tag Reader app for every phone.Moreover, Tag gives you feedback through analytics to know exactly how, when and whereyour Tags are being scanned.
9. How Tags workAll over the city, in shops and magazines, you will notice dozens ofcolorful symbols: here are Tags.Take a picture and youll immediatly access interactive information andcontents, photos and videos, service or product descriptions and e-commerce.
10. Tag TechnologyTags create a connection between real life and the digital world.Compared to every other system, Tags offer some advantages suchmonitoring and business intelligence tools, and colors and shapes to codethe information: no more black and white graphical elements with novisual impact, but objects related to the communication code of a brand.In addition to that, ThinkTag includes other features: flexibility and thepossibility to manage communication mobile operations, advertising,gaming, video streaming, social media strategy, contests and instant win.
11. How Tags WorkWhen you scan the Tag with yoursmartphone, it automatically opens awebpage, dials a phone number, givesaccess to interactive contents such asphotos, mp3 and videos, or unlocks adiscount, promotion or instant win.Tags can disclose different contentsdepending on where they are beingsnapped thanks to geolocation.Scanned tags are automatically saved,so that users can revisit informationtime and time again, or share it.The Tag creator can easily update thecontents the Tags lead to with aContent Management System [CMS].Tag contentsWebsitesInfosContactsPhotos &VideosGamingContests &Instant Win
12. What is ThinkTag PlatformTag ManagementContent ManagementMobile siteReports
13. Statistics & Reportsmediaki.it platform lets companies export reportsrelated to:• Daily and monthly Tag scans• Mobile devices geolocation through Bingrendering• Statistics on mobile devices used for scanning• Statistics on users’ telephone carriers
14. Statistics & Reports
15. Versatility & Environmental ProtectionMicrosoft Tags present some additional benefits with regards to environment,especially if compared with traditional media such as printed advertising.In fact, Microsoft Tags allow the company to update Tags’ content through theTMS (Tag Management System) without printing new Tags.Interactive and digital contents are a unique way to keep the target audienceengaged, providing constantly new information.Companies who choose Microsoft Tags can always updatethe content of Tags on existing promotion material, withouthaving to re-print anything: a sort of digital recycle, naturefriendly.Whereas for the company Tag versatility means loweringcosts, for the environment it means less pollution and waste.
16. 3 codes in 1 platformMicrosoft Corp. has recently embeded a new feature in the Tag Reader that lets people readnot only Tags, but QR codes and NFC chips, too.mediaki.it updated ThinkTag platform releasing the possibility to generate and manage alsoQR and NFC codes, in order to let admins decide what kind of code it’s more suitable for theirneeds.NFC [Near Field Communication] chips are new generation codes, able to convey interactivecontent simply touching the chip with a smartphone.QR Code Ms Tag NFC
17. Ms Tag characteristics compared toprevious barcoding systems• Printing. Thanks to its characteristics and versatility,Microsoft Tag can be printed on any surface, cloth,embroideries, labels, and other materials.• Customization. The traditional 2D code is a symbol with noappeal: that’s because it is a black and white barcode.Instead Tags can be customized, integrating code and Brandand creating visually and graphically remarkable symbols.• Unique reader. At the moment there are several QR codereaders on the Market, with different characteristics andfunctions depending on the kind of device. InsteadMicrosoft provides only one solution for the mobiletagging and for all main platforms: Iphone, Ipad, WindowsPhone, Blackberry, Symbian, Android.
18. Best case HistoriesFood &BeverageEvents &ConventionsViral Events& Gaming
19. Best Case HistoriesTourism & Public Sector |Turin, the first tagged city in the worldMarketingAlfa RomeoPanorama | Mondadori Group SpAPublishing |Loescher Publishing House
20. Tourism by TagsDistant experiences in the palm of your hand!By delivering rich video experiences and location-specific content, mobile tagscan help potential travelers get a better understanding of unfamiliar places.National, Regional and Local information can be instantly available anywhere,especially via tags on promotional flyers, postcards, travel material and smartcities installations.OpportunitiesDestination experiences can be brought to life through point of-view videosand live webcam previews of actual locations.Mobile tags can give people the opportunity to purchase tickets directly whilepreviewing destinations, at a time when travel is most actively on their mind.Tags can include supplementary information that lives on location relevantitems like buildings and regional marketing.
21. Tourism: Turismo Torino CaseLive preview of vacationdestinationmediaki.it develops DestinationManagement Systems forNational Boards, Convention andVisitors Bureau: portals, web andmobile sites, CMS ContentManagement Systems and CRMCustomer RelationshipManagement Systems. All ofthese platforms integratemediaki.it Tag ManagementSystem.www.turismotorino.org
22. Tourism: Turismo Torino CaseLive preview of vacation destinationBy adding Tags to print advertisements, the Turismo Torino Convention andVisitors Bureau was able to deliver live views of Turin and Provincedestinations. Posters and Promo Cards were distributed to attract tourists tovacations in the Turin Area; when scanned, users were directed to videos andlive webcams which showed various areas in real time. In addition, taggedbrochures sent readers to descriptive videos of Turin Mountains attractionsand accommodation structures.
23. Tourism: Turismo Torino CaseBringing tourist destinations to life with interactive contents and videosThe Turin Tourism Board has used mobile tags in a print campaign aimed atattracting travelers from all over the Europe. Microsoft Tags appeared in adsdesigned to look like blog posts that were featured in publications includinglocal and national Italian newspapers. When scanned, people were able tofind out more about various travel destinations through interactive videosand contents that brought to life experiences like riding down a mountain ortaking a citisigntseeing for a city trip.
24. Tourism: Turismo Torino CaseTagged city gives tourist Historicaland Cultural ContentsThe city of Turin, following a projectand an idea of mediaKi.it, placedMicrosoft Tags in parks, museums,and monuments, so that visitorscould scan them as they walked pastimportant landmarks.When scanned, the tags provideinformation about the history of thelocation as well as maps to helptourists navigate new areas.
25. Tourism: Torino CaseTagged city gives tourist Historical andCultural Contents
26. Tourism: Torino CaseCity SightSeeing Turin
27. Culture: Turin Treasure HuntHistorical and Cultural through interactive and innovative tag basedprojectsBuilding on the first campaign of Tags “The Colors of Turin” givingadditional historical information on landmarks, Turin, with a project ofTorino Wireless, Chamber of Commerce of Turin, Region of Piedmont,Telecom Italia, Microsoft and mediaki.it, created a treasure huntaround the city using Tags, called “Hunting The Culture”.
28. Culture: Turin Treasure HuntThe Tags were used to promote 10 different tourist attractions withinthe City of Turin. Users were directed to “Frame,” “Scan” and “Discover”the 10 places that each had their own Tag. At each location, there wasanother Tag to scan. Users scanned those to win prizes by answeringquestions about the featured attractions.
29. In conclusion• Mobile tags can be used to capture people’s attention and draw theminto an experience.• Companies and Organizations can use Tags to raise awareness, build brandperception and engage an audience.• Mobile tags are the tool to enable experiences, quickly changinga static two-dimensional code into a unique rich experience.• Mobile tags are an emerging technology that people aredefinitely going to use because it’s a really efficient means ofaccessing online information.
30. In conclusion• Mobile tags used for allowing people to initiate a process, rather than todeliver contents.• The general concept of bringing the real life into the digital world scanningan advertisement code for a new path to the users, with potentially newexperiences.• People have the opportunity to more easily access information, they canintuitively understand how to use it, they bring their friends in to have thesame experience.
31. In conclusion• Tags allow for a new strategy of creating content around specific eventsand locations to complement print media. The key concept is to use themobile device to unlock digital content in a physical space.• Tags makes dealing with change easier. Most mobile tags areunmemorable and similar; in a branded world, everyone is using basicallythe same image! Brands need to differentiate themselves based on use ofdesign. Tags let companies and organization in doing it!
32. To be launched in May 2013National Cinema Museum - Italy
33. To be launched in May 2013National Cinema Museum - Italy
34. To be launched in May 2013National Cinema Museum - Italy
35. Coming...Cards MobileMerchandising
36. Next generation Experience...NFC TechnologySMART PostersSMART Cards
37. Mediaki.itmediaKi.it is a web agency with a strongtechnological background.mediaki.it team combines creativecommunications projects with advancedtechnological solutions.
38. What Mediaki.it doesRESEARCH ANDDEVELOPMENTMOBILE TAGGINGSOCIALPLANNING&BUYINGTECHNOLOGYSEOSTRATEGYAD WEBCREATIVEINNOVATIONMOBILESEM
39. Contacts & Referencesmediaki.it SrlHeadquarter Regional OfficeCorso Grosseto 465/A c/o Magma Consultants10151 Turin, Italy JLT X2-2106, Dubai, UAE.Tel: +39 (0) 11 56.95.716 Tel: +971 (0)4 420 4060www.magma.aeWeb: www.mediaki.itEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgChief Executive - Business Innovation Manager Contact:Daniele Romeo S. RanganathEmail: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMob: +39 338 65.66.025 Mob:+971 50 636 5380mediaKi.it is Featured Microsoft Tag Partner