4. Packaged Infrastructure Platform Software (as a Service) Software (as a Service) (as a Service) You manage Applications Applications Applications Applications You manage Data Data Data Data Runtime Runtime Runtime Runtime Managed by vendor Middleware Middleware Middleware MiddlewareYou manage Managed by vendor O/S O/S O/S O/S Managed by vendor Virtualization Virtualization Virtualization Virtualization Servers Servers Servers Servers Storage Storage Storage Storage Networking Networking Networking Networking
5. Windows Azure Windows Azure Compute Windows Azure StorageSQL AzureWindows Azure AppFabric
6. • Scalable endpoint cloud-based data and services with SharePoint solutions• Migrate to hybrid or cloud-based custom services• Integrate cloud with core features of SharePoint • E.g. Workflow, collaboration, search, document management, Silverlight, etc.• Extend Azure applications into Office
7. • Offset data costsReach: Extend Azure • Wider serviceservices into availabilitySharePoint • ImprovedResource: Data & programmabilitylarge file storage andmanagement • Skills translation • Data/Service mash-Reusability: Skills and upssoftware deployment • Partner opportunities
8. • SharePoint • Azure • Windows 2008, 2008 • Developer Account/Keys R2 • Azure SDK & App Fabric • SharePoint 2010 SDK • Office Professional • Azure tools for Visual Plus Studio 2010 • Visual Studio 2010 • SQL Server 2008 R2 • SharePoint Designer Express • IIS or • Optional • Download the • Silverlight tools for Visual SharePoint VM from Studio 2010 Microsoft download center • Silverlight 4 runtime • Hyper-V
9. ASP.NET & Hosted Service Custom Services IFRAMESharePoint SharePoint SharePoint Artifact Artifact Artifact SP OM, SP OM, BCS, etc. BCS, etc. <iframe />
10. What’s Possible? Azure Integration Description of Integration (SharePoint On-Premises) SP COM Interact with Azure data in a list. BCS Model data from Azure and/or build external list to SQL Azure. Silverlight Create UI against Azure services or data. Sandboxed Solutions Silverlight application leveraging Azure deployed to site collection. Office Custom Client Consume data directly from Azure or BCS list exposing Azure data. Standard/Visual Web Parts Leverage services and data from Azure. Open XML Manage Azure data into a document. REST Use REST to interact with Azure data to integrate with SP data. Office Server Services Integrate with Office server-side services. Workflow/Event Receivers State or events that tie into Azure services or data. LINQ Use for querying Azure data objects. Search Federate search to include Azure data.
12. Email: AshviniShahane@Synergetics-india.comWeb: http://www.synergetics-india.comTHANK YOU